"We ain't found squat!

jbogg

I found some real fresh sign three weeks ago, but nothing fresh since then. Everything lately has been 1 to 2 week old piles of scat. There are just so many acorns I believe they are staying in the thick stuff. I am heading up Friday to check out a spot I have not been to since last year. They are calling for a southeast wind once again. The wind has messed me up a couple of times this year and I swear it has been out of the southeast every single time I have been able to hunt for the past four weeks. Really looking forward to getting a northwest wind at some point.

Buckman18

Its just one of those years where if you want a bear, you're just gonna have to lay with it and be prepared for the long haul. Between Halloween and Thanksgiving, especially after a good frost or two, I'd be on the reds bordering laurel. Same for deer. Either on very fresh sign or up on traveling trails.

Professor

Put in the hardest 18 miles i have ever hiked in one day today. I found one trail of 2 to 3 day old scat. That was it. It also appears that pigs are taking over the universe.

GAbullHunter

Saw a sow an two cubs about 20lbs. She had walked up on the truck as I was walking back to truck. We scared each other haha.. off they went an I followed to assure I saw a bear with cubs haha.. All signs I believe are from the sows an cubs. No other luck even though found good signs. Nice just to see some though. Will be back up next weekend hope we can get one. Wife still wanting some bear meats to eat. Taking kids deer hunting over this weekend if rain holds off. We have a slighty cold front coming in around will drop the temps by 10 degrees WOW.
Yep if you want bear it's a waiting game an boots on the ground. I haven't found a reason to sit in one spot to long with the way this season is going.