We need a listing in GON for Handgun

I suppose you would have to set more criteria. Being you can have a pistol in a rifle cartridge with a 15" barrel, would that qualify? Scoped or not? Lots of arguments either way with that. Then the short barreled ARs are called Pistols even though they shoot and handle like a rifle.

Rosewood
I agree that we need a Handgun Hunting section in GON

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If y’all are talking about the GON magazine you need to call, write, or visit the good folks at the HQ in Madison.

frankwright

I have always thought GON needed that category since I handgun hunt a lot.
As long as it was hand held with no stock or brace, all should be legal.

Jason C

I sent them an email on the issue about a week ago and havent heard back. They are usually really good at responding so maybe they have something in the works.

rosewood

Newt2

I like the idea , but what qualifies as a hand gun would definitely need to be spelled out.
To me that would be any gun that does not have a shoulder stock or brace. I'm sure that someone posting a gun that is questionable, they'll hear about it.

basshappy

BANNED
Anyone wanting to be listed in support of a handgun category for deer hunting with their name and contact phone and or email address shoot me a message. I am drafting a letter to send over to GON with a list of supporters and pertinent information as to the merit of a handgun category.

Newt2

It's an idea, but the responses here show a great deal of interest in the subject. I'm not one to give out my personal information so just referencing the forum member name should achieve the same results. IMO

basshappy

BANNED
Info received.

I understand about personal info. But if I worked in GON and all I received were forum aliases I wouldn't take that as serious as real names with associated email addresses or phone numbers. I recommend if you don't want to send me info please contact GON direct!

Jason C

Just maybe, maybe, one of these years we will see this lol. As soon as crossbows were legal to use, there was a list put together for that.. Makes no sense to me why there's not one for us hand gun hunters. I have tried a couple of time with GON and still havent seen one. Hopefully this will help get the ball rolling some.