Website server having issues

transfixer

I've noticed this for a few weeks now, and have seen it in the past from time to time also, but in the last week or so its gotten worse, I can try and post something and it will sit there ,, working, attempting to do something, sometimes it finally does,, sometimes it doesn't , and if you try and hit the post button again, then it may still sit there ? or it may double or triple post ? I'm not the only one having this issue either , as I've seen double posts from others the same time I'm having issues, and before anyone says its my computer, I've had it happen with my laptop at work, and my home pc,,, my work internet is super fast ,, so its not a connection issue on my end.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I expect there is something going on that we are not permitted to know about. Not exactly the same thing, I know, but I have Verizon cell service because that provides the best coverage out in the hinterlands. For the past month or more my service quality has degraded significantly both in connectivity and the quality of the connection. It is effecting both voice and data.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Is rural 4g suffering so that urban 5g can prosper? I may have found my victimhood niche.

transfixer

Is rural 4g suffering so that urban 5g can prosper? I may have found my victimhood niche.

I've got Verizon cell service, but what has that got to do with wired internet here at work or at home ? We've got fiber optic at work, my home internet is not worth talking about

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Nothing, really that I know of as I said in my original post. I just thought that someone with more InterWeb savy than I might make a connection that I could not make.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's the same on landline internet, fiber optic, and wifi and a desktop.

furtaker

I have the same issue. Sometimes when I try to post it just sits there and spins. And multiple times throughout the day the forum itself is very slow to load. It just sits there. If I stop and go to another site it usually loads immediately.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I also get the "Bad Gateway" message now and then.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I learned years ago to that when this happens to hit the "reload" icon on the top and it'll clear it up shortly. Don't know if it has anything to do with the campfire, but GON is rebuilding their web site right now..

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Your patience please. A new and improved website is being developed as we speak. Rollout should be soon.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I still can't post in the PM section.

get the server issues try again later message.

specialk

when i send a PM i get ''oops we run into a problem'' but the message goes thru.....

earlthegoat2

That explains it but really this has been an intermittent problem for several years.

I have had more doubles than ever yesterday alone.

Couldn’t send a PM earlier either.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yes there is currently a problem. A security update was done that is not compatible with the current version of Xenforo that we are running. The security update cannot be removed which means Xenforo will have to be updated. The problem with that is it will cause more problems for the GON online universe.

The fix is coming but it will be several days before it's done. In the meantime when you make a post ignore the "Oops" warning. Click the "Refresh" icon on your browser after you submit your post and you will see your post. Ignore the duplicate sitting in the dialog box after you refresh.

This is happening to everybody. For some people (like me) it's only happening in PM's. For others it's only happening for posts on the open forums. For some it's happening for both. If you click the Post button more than once you are continuing to post the same post multiple times.

Last edited: