Webster County

jam

A little early, but with the rain last weekend and with all the dirt ready in plots I decided to drill the seed in. Finished yesterday and now its up to mother nature. We got .55 inches of slow rain today. Maybe I timed it right!

DynamicDennis

Well should be getting good real soon I hope. I had a real good buck get by me opening weekend of ML, would like to have had a shot woods were too thick. Need some more cold, but definitely had had pretty good deer movement. Like every year, got lots of nice bucks early now they are gone. They will be back sometime the next 3 weeks, hopefully. I know they are off eating acorns, but feels like they are gone every year.

Curtis

A couple of bucks taken during bow season but that’s all so far. We are seeing tons of small bucks and hardly any does. Last year’s clear cut has changed everything.
Hunted in Plains last weekend and got my nephew his first deer! Solid, young 8pt. 175lbs. Bucks (5) were still bunched up.

Curtis

Life has gotten in the way. Hunted opening day of muzzleloader. Nothing seen. Some of our guys were out opening weekend. All saw deer. Small bucks and does. One doe down. Fresh pig sign but no pigs seen.
Got a couple of shooters on camera but nothing special. Dennis, Jam, how y’all doing?
Traveling for work but hope to get some time in November.

DynamicDennis

Hey Curtis. We were up on the opener for rifle, lots of deer. Just no big bucks yet. No pigs either, but they are in the acorns and we don't have any.

jam

Small bucks and does during muzzle loader week thru opening of rifle. Cool front really helped on movement,as it warmed back up they slowed down. Deer are hammering our plots, acorns are in short supply compared to normal supply. Got a few shooters on camera but where they end up who knows. Looking forward to spending time hunting for them!

Curtis

Congrats to you daughter, Dennis.
It has been dead at our place, in no small part due to the fact that they clear cut it two years ago and then burned and sprayed this year. I have been hunting another spot over in Plains and it too has been very slow. Seen a couple of small buck, only a couple of does (took one). Hope this weekend it busts out.

DynamicDennis

Thank you sir, going up again end of this week hope they are moving. Your place will be awesome for the next 2 years when it all starts growing back.