Webster County

DynamicDennis

I do believe this cooler weather has got things firing in Webster. Bachelor groups are broken up and the little guys are checking the does. Shot a 3-1/2yr old buck cruising on Saturday. 188pds 7pts only about 12 in wide

Stumpsitter

Congrats on the 7 point. Saw young bucks harassing does , grunting like crazy. Bigger deer on camera at night , should get good in webster next few weeks

jam

Congrats on the buck! Had the whole gang together at paradise this weekend for a little time in the woods. No big boys seen but quite bit of movement of does and smaller bucks. No evidence of any chasing, bucks are laying ground work pretty heavily now and cameras indicate the big boys they are still moving in the early morning hours after midnight. Give it another week or so and things should really pick up. Oldest son was able to harvest a hog, daddy and my middle son took a doe each for some freezer meat as well as herd management. Daddy and I are here for the duration to mind the fort while the young ones returned to work. We will all be ready when things get hot.

jam

Still not any chasing seen on our place. Deer on the move and a lot of that is at night. Sooner or later it has to start, hope we are sitting in the right spots when it happens. Still seeing small bucks and does.

DynamicDennis

Tagged out on the 9th. Shot another 7 pt. Makes a 14 pt for the year if doing my math correctly. Was chasing a doe. Weighted 178image1.jpeg

southernman13

Cool deal. I’ve skint many a deer at that cleaning station. Tell everyone hello. I need to get by and have a cocktail or 12 lol

DynamicDennis

We have turned into a non-drinking club.LOL and we all are voting for Hillary next year too.

Curtis

Slow all year, a few does and one buck opening weekend, and the last two weeks we have had 4 nice bucks hit the ground. Weird. We rarely get more than one or two bucks after November. See what happens these remaining two weeks. Trying to get a newbie teenager in on the action.

Curtis

Ok, boys and girls, firearms opener is this weekend. I am sure everyone is getting fired up and ready. Recent rain has helped the food plots. Stands are ready, roads are clear, expectations are high. We had one bow kill doe and are seeing young bucks, healthy does, and a few pigs on camera. Good luck all.

DynamicDennis

Getting pumped up will be at camp Friday, hope to get my girl on a good buck that has been pretty pattern-able of late. And Jim, you sir should keep your pigs we are full already

jam

After bouncing on tractor for a day trying to prepare plots for planting, I would not give you a penny for a pig, but I would pay you a bunch to take all of them and guarantee me they would not any come back! Our plots a week ago were the best they have been in several years. The rain has been good this year even though the 5 plus inches was a little much at one time, not complaining at all.

Curtis

Oh Jim, that is so kind of you! Rather than send them to us, I would be happy to stop by and take a few off your hands!

DynamicDennis

Heading back up to County Rd. this weekend. Wish I could stay till early in the week for the nice weather. Any movement going on yet, last weekend was pretty slow I hope its better this time.