weed eater

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I bought that 56 volt electric as well, it has done good so far.
Thinking I’ll invest in a couple other tools in the system.
I just picked up the blower and it's great so far. The danged weed eater has turned out about perfect!

Now I'm eyeballing the limb saw :bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I just picked up the blower and it's great so far. The danged weed eater has turned out about perfect!

Now I'm eyeballing the limb saw :bounce:
I want the blower and edger, maybe the hedge trimmer.
The weed eater is surprisingly stout.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have the Ryobi pole saw & absolutely love it.
Bubba and I have had a Hooyman limb saw for about 5 years now that's worked flawlessly and I wouldn't be against another for me to keep at the house or to carry when I am hanging stands alone, but now that I have 2 batteries and chargers for the Ego all I need is the saw. Hopefully the service will be as good as the Hooyman has been.

I’ll throw out a vote for Shindaiwa. Got a De Walt for light duty that’s pretty good too.

Geffellz18

I'm curious about folks with the battery trimmers. My wife is interested in having a second trimmer that isn't as heavy, and doesn't require choke/pull start. I have some Ryobi 18V tools gifted, thinking about the 18V brushless Ryobi. Anybody have one of those?
Ryobi 18V attachment capable trimmer
I bought one awhile back to have around the house since I have several of the Ryobi tools and batteries.
Only used a few times, but has worked pretty good for me so far.
Actually, I’ve been very pleased with most of the ryobi tools I’ve gotten, and I’ve got quite a few of them laying around now, even the 18v 16” lawn mower-which I bought just to cut the new grass in the back yard since the lawn guy can’t get back there due to a large project I’m working on.
I’d recommend all of their battery operated tools to any weekend warrior!

TomC

Got a Shindaiwa T262 back in May after reading its praises on landscape forums to replace a higher end Stihl. Haven't been overly pleased with my last few Stihls. This Shindaiwa is heavy if you look at a spec sheet but it carries very light and balanced, has a great grip and if you have ever gotten frustrated changing line on a weadeater, it takes about a MINUTE to replace the line and you don't have to take the head off to do so. I've put it to the test on some thick stuff and it's a BEAST. Quite obvious now why so many landscapers recommended this specific model Shindaiwa!

trad bow

🏹wooden stick slinging driveler🏹
My Stihl gave up the ghost a couple weeks ago. I went with the Dewalt 60 volt flex. Very powerful motor.