Weirdest Thing

Deerman

What's the weirdest or funniest thing you saw about a deer or saw a deer do?Or just the weirdest or funniest thing you saw while hunting period. Mine would be last year a friend of mine killed a buck with no testicles.

Last edited:

Slasher

chasing off squirrells

a few years back, I saw a doe with two younger ones eating acorns near the first of the acorn drop where there where a few oak trees but not a whole bunch.....

Momma would start chasing the squirrels outta the area trying to hog the prized nuts fer her lil pride... Only thing is the squirrels would run off and start rattling off back at her..

Needless to say it was an exercise in futilty... too many acorns, too many sqirrels...

as she would take a few steps and chase one another would slip right in... the lil uns where wierded out and ready to bolt each time she get hers ears back...

I ain't ever seen anything like in way too many days sitting in the stand... I wish I had a camera with me... I will member that day fer a loooong long time...

H

HT2

Deerman.........

I shot a mature doe last year while watchin' a 6 pointer.........

Once I shot the doe, the 6 pointer came around the doe and startin' hornin' her and tryin' to get her to get up.......

I guess he wanted to get him "some"........

raghorn

Me and my wife went walking at Berry College one year and got between a hot doe and a 2 or 3 year old 8 pointer that didn't take kindly to it. He bluff charged a couple times while we were backing off, it got kinda hairy there for a few minutes. ::gone:

Racor

Back when I was about 17-18 I decided to go scouting/squirrel hunting in a national forest on the opposite side of the state. One Saturday morning I took off on my 4-5 hour drive. It was a great September day and I did enough scouting for the morning and decided to do some tree-rat hunting before heading to the motel. I had a great looking grey squirrel in my sights when a loud BOOM rang out from the creek bed below me. I actually was about to shoot the squirrel that someone else just shot! It seems my next-door neighbor decided to go squirrel hunting that morning too! :rolleyes:

What are the odds of us both driving 4-5 hours and shooting at the same squirrel!? :rofl:

SADDADDY

the day a deer finally stood still long enough for me to shoot at him :shoot:

I once saw a group of does come running under my stand, and one of them ran slap into a tree head on :eek: knocked the heck out of her, she looked around like "I hope no one saw me" :rofl:

Goat

GONetwork Member and TU member!
i was summer scouting on horseback (just a reason to get out) and i came around a bend in the trail where its by a dirt road. well, there was a truck pulled in the middle of the trail with a gal and guy in the rut(doin the dirty). My horse started to flip out cuz the truck and the gal was flippin out looking for clothes and the guy just stood there butt naked like "big toebig toebig toebig toe". I finnally got around them and i could hear her cussin him out. poor guy wont be gettin her back in the woods for a while. kinda made me feel bad for him.