Well...

Mark K

Banned
I had some traps that I got for Christmas last year and just cleaned and set. Well after 10 months they started rusting pretty good. I had read that vinegar and water would remove the rust, so I mixed a couple of gallons of vinegar and a couple of gallons of water in a five gallon bucket. I left the traps in for two days and pulled them out this evening. I now have shiny brand new looking traps again! Some of them were really rusty and it ate it all off. Hope the integrity wasn’t compromised, set a few and they still fire just as fast as I remember. The 3lb hammer still sets them off when the hand starts to release the handle. I was really impressed!

Big7

The Oracle
I had some traps that I got for Christmas last year and just cleaned and set. Well after 10 months they started rusting pretty good. I had read that vinegar and water would remove the rust, so I mixed a couple of gallons of vinegar and a couple of gallons of water in a five gallon bucket. I left the traps in for two days and pulled them out this evening. I now have shiny brand new looking traps again! Some of them were really rusty and it ate it all off. Hope the integrity wasn’t compromised, set a few and they still fire just as fast as I remember. The 3lb hammer still sets them off when the hand starts to release the handle. I was really impressed!

Even straight 7% white vinagar won't hurt them one bit..

Vinegar is good to clean out a radiator too.
Especially if it's old enough to where you don't want to "power flush" it out.

Whole lot cheaper for traps and radiator than "store bought" cleaners. :wink:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
All old home places had black walnuts at one time. Lots of those trees have been cut to make furniture and such. Saw a bunch in the road yesterday that have just fell. Gonna get me some.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I’ve used them but they leave a lot of trash in the water. The store bought dye is a lot cleaner

across the river

Even straight 7% white vinagar won't hurt them one bit..

Vinegar is good to clean out a radiator too.
Especially if it's old enough to where you don't want to "power flush" it out.

Whole lot cheaper for traps and radiator than "store bought" cleaners. :wink:
If you add a little salt to the vinegar it does even better on rust, though I might hesitate to poor salt into the radiator. If you a cleaning tools or traps the salt will speed up the process.