Went to Senoia Sunday.

Tom W.

My wife, me,and my sister in law went for a jaunt today. Got off of I-85 at the first exit south for Newnan. I had mixed emotions heading to Newnan, but I got over them. We wandered up highway 16 I believe, and got to Senoia. I was then told that they make some TV show there about zombies. The only zombie movie that I've ever watched was "Night of the Living Dead" . I have to say the the place was exceptionally clean and well taken care of, a beautiful little village. We parked and wandered around, the rain being kind enough to hold off for the most part. We enjoyed the shops, and as always I was lusting after the ponds in the area. The ladies bought a few things, I just enjoyed the area.
Lori wanted to take the back roads to Warm Springs, and we found the old covered bridge that's a few miles past Gay, Georgia. We did the tourist thing and headed to the Bulloch house for lunch. Shortly after we got into the restaurant the bottom fell out, so we ate rather slowly.
All in all it was another enjoyable jaunt, altho I'd much prefer going to a shooting range. Or fishing.

specialk

Theres a huge craft festival in October in Gay called Cotton picking country fair....look it up.....i bet yall would enjoy it....yard sales line hwy 85 starting in fayetteville down to gay....great food!!!....lots of crafts and antique stuff.....

Tom W.

We've been there twice. The first time we almost got stuck in the parking field. Last year it was so crowded we barely could walk across the street.....the vendors on the right side of the road were packed! We couldn't stay too long as I was still taking chemo and didn't feel too good.

WishboneW

You should check out the field on the north side of Ingles in Woodbury about 30 minutes before dark. People are not the only creatures getting groceries

NUTT

Mixed emotions? Newnan is awesome and we are glad to have you anytime!
Bulloch House is the real deal too with that fried chicken they cook!

specialk

We've been there twice. The first time we almost got stuck in the parking field. Last year it was so crowded we barely could walk across the street.....the vendors on the right side of the road were packed! We couldn't stay too long as I was still taking chemo and didn't feel too good.

we went last year as well...it was unusually busy....i blamed it on trump......

Tom W.

Naw, it was global warming......

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My wife, me,and my sister in law went for a jaunt today. Got off of I-85 at the first exit south for Newnan. I had mixed emotions heading to Newnan, but I got over them. We wandered up highway 16 I believe, and got to Senoia. I was then told that they make some TV show there about zombies. The only zombie movie that I've ever watched was "Night of the Living Dead" . I have to say the the place was exceptionally clean and well taken care of, a beautiful little village. We parked and wandered around, the rain being kind enough to hold off for the most part. We enjoyed the shops, and as always I was lusting after the ponds in the area. The ladies bought a few things, I just enjoyed the area.
Lori wanted to take the back roads to Warm Springs, and we found the old covered bridge that's a few miles past Gay, Georgia. We did the tourist thing and headed to the Bulloch house for lunch. Shortly after we got into the restaurant the bottom fell out, so we ate rather slowly.
All in all it was another enjoyable jaunt, altho I'd much prefer going to a shooting range. Or fishing.

I lived off Hwy 16 for few years, the Walking Dead TV shoots are incredibly organized. They used one of my neighbors barn in a scene. The crew had bought sod from another neighbor when it was about due to be cut for hay. They laid it on the edge of the road so the shot looked like the road was being over grown. They also run about 100 ft of barbed wire where there wasn't any in front of his barn to give the illusion it was in a pasture. They painted graffiti on the tin of his barn. All this in about an hour before the shoot. Within an hour of the shot being done there was no sign they had been there. Sod was up, fence was down and they put new siding over the graffiti covered panels they had painted. A well oiled machine for sure. I'm sure Senoia has been the benefactor of face lifts for the shots in town.

Tom W.

The mixed emotions is due to the fact that I barely survived my visit to the Cancer Treatment Center of America there. I didn't know until later that they had a body bag ready for me, and had taken my wife into a small room and had her sign papers.
It turned out that after the surgery I had internal bleeding and had lost 3.5 liters of blood, an after that got repaired and I finally woke up I told the nurse that I didn't feel good. He said that after what I just went through it was no wonder.
I was in no mood or condition for jocularity, and said again that something was wrong. He kind of said ok... I turned my head and looked like the little girl on the Exorcist, vomiting blood with enough force to hit the side wall. So off I went to have most of my stomach cauterized.
So mixed emotions, yes. I'm glad that they could help me but what I had to go through........

NUTT

Wow! I’m just glad they are located here and were able to help you. Have several friends that work there. Hope you are better than ever and hope every time you come to and through Newnan it’s for something good!
God Bless!

Tom W.

We did find the green Tomato Restaurant, I think that's the name. Even when I was feeling like blech I enjoyed what litte food I could eat!
I'm glad that the hospital is only a bit more than an hour away. I'd go in one day, stay in their motel on site, and the next morning get my chemotherapy. I'd then head home before I started to get sick feeling. Two days later before the little black bag with continuous chemotherapy was empty I'd be up there again, waiting for the nurse to take it out.

My favorite nurse was down in the prep room where they drew blood and got the power port ready. Her name is Hiedi and lives in Senoia, I think. She'd be done with what she was doing before I knew it, never any pain at all!