West Georgia Limits

UWGduck

Well we had a good hunt this morning, We hunted a place in West Georgia Area and killed 24 ducks, 12 ringers, 6 mallards, 5 buffleheads, and a woody.(four hunters) Had about 300 ducks working the area and the big groups of mallards were very decoy shy. Hope everyone else is having a good season.

Attachments

• Duckhunt12-28.JPG
    Duckhunt12-28.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 283

bigunga1

well aint that some hockey...

congrats on the great day...

lower part, middle part or upper part of the state...

Last edited by a moderator:

UWGduck

nope not buffalo but close. I will be hunting buffalo on Thurs morning. We were hunting a private 14 acre lake.

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
That's a great picture, good hunt for a GA. pond. I wonder if the ducks are showing up yet at ole' Seminole? :flag: :flag: :flag:

AAADawg

UWGduck said:
nope not buffalo but close. I will be hunting buffalo on Thurs morning. We were hunting a private 14 acre lake.

Is it still possible to hunt Buffalo Creek?? I havent been there since the late 80's but I would have bet that the area was so devoloped now that it wasnt possible to hunt. Man those beaver ponds used to hold a lot of birds....we used to kill quite a few blacks down there...are they still there?? The last time I hunted he area the local game warden, who would make it as difficult as possible to hunt the area (he gave me and a prominent employee of the state game and fish commission a ticket one evening for shooting after hours even though the time on the ticket was almost 30 minutes before shooting time was over...all the while there were still people in the swamp shooting!!! Needless to say we didnt get fined but we had to go to court three times. The guythat was with has since had a WMA named after him) pulled his sidearm out on me and another buddy as we were loading my Gheenoe in the truck...I got the point...that that particluar part of Buffalo creek was reserved for someone else...I havent been back since.....

SGaither

Nice

UWG,

congrats on the take. Went to Arkansas over Christmas and had to bust through 5 inches of ice, needless to say the 5 days I hunted very little bird came in. Managed to kill 4 Monday after Christmas but because of the ice the birds were 50 miles south of us. Talked to my buddy on Saturday and they slaughtered them, birds moved back in to finish eating the soy beans that had froze. Went to my club in Heard county on Sunday and 3 of us killed 5 woodies, then went to a pond near the house and killed 2 mergansers. It has been hard hunting all year but my personal best. Good luck with the rest of the season, we need to get together, throw some meat on the grill, drink some cold beer and tell some lies.

sgaither