West Point Crappie 10-20/23-22

KrappieKrane

When you have a four-day weekend and nothing planned, what do Ya do? I hit the water at West Point Lake for four continuous days to check my spots and search for new places to see what the crappie were doing. I found fish still in the timber holding at 20-25' and tight to cover. When you disturbed the school, they would scatter but would return within a few minutes, so patience was required for multiple hookups. Favorite colors were shad patterns and white/chartreuse jigs that didn't require minnows or crappie nibbles to produce a bite. They preferred a slow rise over the school and would chase a very short distance. The cold front has definitely affected the bite with the shad still in deeper water and the coves were loaded with them. Friday was the best day right after sunrise because everything was eating and chasing. Here's a couple of pics of the best ones to touch the boat and i couldn't put a number to how many fish I caught in four days. I did keep 21 on Sunday that was bigger than 10" and all the rest were released to grow. Tightlines to All and see ya on the Water.
KrappieKrane
IMG_1284 (2).JPGIMG_1368.JPGIMG_1358.JPGIMG_1383 (1).jpgIMG_1403.JPGIMG_1423.jpgIMG_1324.jpg

Last edited:

KrappieKrane

You’ve got them figured out ! Some sure enough fine fish

Just lucky sir!
Good electronics
A lot of seat time On the water
Hardheaded enough to aggravate them to bite
Thanks for the reply
Tightlines to ya and see ya on the water

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just lucky sir!
Good electronics
A lot of seat time On the water
Hardheaded enough to aggravate them to bite
Thanks for the reply
Tightlines to ya and see ya on the water
Maybe all of the above except luck ! To catch crappie year round on West Point I can assure isn’t luck