Western Kentucky?

hunter 85

I’m going to western Kentucky the end of April on a turkey hunt and am looking for advice on what I will need to wear as I’ve only hunted Turkey in Florida and something is telling me I’m going to need more than my under armor and snake boots also what kind of shots are going to be available? Thanks for the advice of anyone that’s been out there.

phillip

When we went a few years back it was cold in the morning comfortable later on, warm clothes as for the shot ole turkey head is the same ,

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I always went in the first part of april.

Ive hunted in everything from 25 degree to 70 degree.

If you have thermals and a heavy coat you will probably be fine.

Now if your going to sit in a blind all day you may need more.

RichardC

I live in Western Kentucky.. Normally we looking at 30`s to 50`s in the morning warming to 70`s during the spring. Have seen it snow the week before opener also, set of base layers and a jacket you will be fine.

hunter 85

i will be hunting with a guide so I’m not real sure how the hunt will be I just don’t want to pack as I would to hunt here and freeze to death and have a miserable time but also don’t want to pack the whole house if not needed

Swamprat

Swamprat
PM Arrow3 he has hunted LBL a few times but am sure RichardC's advice is spot on since he is there.

Have deer hunted a few times on private property just outside of Cadiz and it could go from nice afternoon to what am I doing out in this the next morning. Weather changes quick there from what I have experienced.