Westpoint

toolmkr20

Anyone on here do much kayak fishing on WestPoint? Looking to take my 13 y/o son out and WestPoint is the closest to me. I've fished it since I was a kid but always from a motor powered boat. Looking for an area that is yak friendly as far as boats are concerned. Not wanting to get ran over. Honestly don't care if we catch much just wanting to get out on the water and do some fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

Procraft3

Anyone on here do much kayak fishing on WestPoint? Looking to take my 13 y/o son out and WestPoint is the closest to me. I've fished it since I was a kid but always from a motor powered boat. Looking for an area that is yak friendly as far as boats are concerned. Not wanting to get ran over. Honestly don't care if we catch much just wanting to get out on the water and do some fishing. Any help would be appreciated.
Try the cove at Horice King Acess. It’s easily accessible and holds fish.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
To the left of the ramp in Ringer is full of crappie this time of year. It is no wake (supposed to be) in that area also. Would be the perfect place. Also, Brush Creek is a great crappie area in March and again gets very little boat traffic.

JROESEL

What Dustin said, there is some good fishing around ringer, you could camp at brush creek and just pull your kayak to the water as well

toolmkr20

Well I drove over to Snake Creek this afternoon while waiting on my daughter to get out of practice. It’s been a while and wanted to check it out as far as another launching site. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I’M LEAVING MY TRUCK PARKED THERE!! I rode through and felt like I was gonna get mugged lol. That place has been turned into a trash dumping ground. Reckon I’ll stick with the usual spots like mentioned above.

Procraft3

Well I drove over to Snake Creek this afternoon while waiting on my daughter to get out of practice. It’s been a while and wanted to check it out as far as another launching site. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I’M LEAVING MY TRUCK PARKED THERE!! I rode through and felt like I was gonna get mugged lol. That place has been turned into a trash dumping ground. Reckon I’ll stick with the usual spots like mentioned above.
Snake Creek isn’t the only one. Ringer used to be real bad along with a few others. Had my truck window smashed at Horice King.

oldguy

CALL THE LAW!

Dialer

We love R. Schaefer Heard campground. Oversized campsites and well maintained. I took my kayak out into the cove there one early evening and had the time of my life! Heading back into camp from the middle part of the lake, a HUGE channel cat took my plastic minnow, and drug me around in that kayak fo 20 minutes! I finally got him to the kayak, and he was WAY to big to get in with me, so I let him go. Kayaks are a hoot!