Wet Wading foot wear...

Coenen

I wore old running shoes / tennis shoes for a long time.

Sprung for some Simm's Flyweights and wading socks this summer. Pricey, but a big upgrade.

Tight Lines

Depends on what and where. If I am packing my shoes in or want to just wade where it is shallow and hot, I just wade in Tevas.

If I am wading deeper and it is cold, I use the Simms wading socks and my boots as per the above...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Simms Freestones with Rock Treads installed, Frog Toggs neoprene wading socks.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Thanks guys, currently, I use lightweight hiking / athletic shoe. I have been staying mostly in warmer water. But I am still wet wading in (October) South of West Point. I have several more wades to go this month. I also Kayak to most of the shoals that I wet wade. In addition to that, I use hobie peddle drive to get up and down the Hootch. I would love to wear my wading boots with neoprene socks, but they are a little awkward with the peddle drive. I need a more streamline shoe (due to the peddle drive). My current shoes are really comfortable, but they are nowhere near as “sticky” as my felt or studs on my korker boots.

I was hoping somebody might have a suggestion for a felt soled type tennis shoe?

flyrod444

I'm still wet wading most streams here in western North Carolina. My wet wading preference are the old simms wading sandals which I grind the tread off of and glue felt soles on using barge cement. I wear a pair of smart wool socks while wearing sandals which makes for a comfortable system. Since simms changed sandal design I guess I'll have to try a different brand when mine wear out.

flyrod444

I used caddis felt soles replacement last time. Great felt but would be hard pressed to fit a shoe or boot bigger than a 10 1/2 or 11. I searched and found that korkers now carry replacement felt for regular boots not just their interchangable ones. I got the caddis off Amazon. Buy a container of barge cement to glue them on with. Tried the stuff that came in the kit one time and had poor results.

Taxman

I have some rip-rap felt soled shoes I used to wear. Held up well but would
pick up pebbles. I also found I wanted a little more ankle support. Over all
good shoes though.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I used caddis felt soles replacement last time. Great felt but would be hard pressed to fit a shoe or boot bigger than a 10 1/2 or 11. I searched and found that korkers now carry replacement felt for regular boots not just their interchangable ones. I got the caddis off Amazon. Buy a container of barge cement to glue them on with. Tried the stuff that came in the kit one time and had poor results.

I just wanted you to know that I did what you suggested. I made my own. I am a warm water bass and panfish kinda guy. So I was unhappy with all the “trout water (cold)” options that I found commercially.

I yak to remote locations then dismount into the shoals. The problem was always I couldn’t get my felt sole boots (bulky and hot) into my peddle drives and I would just end up wearing tennis shoes into the water. They are good but felt is awesome. Now I got the best of both worlds. They are comfortable, cool with lightweight or no Sox. Easy to wear all day on water or in peddle drive.

I used some old lightweight xcounty shoes, a band saw, felt korker replacement and shoe glue. These are great.
6BE53DCF-BC8D-4BA6-86B3-EB648ED90EA6.jpegD082E835-604E-452F-8624-6DAE1C47C558.jpeg

GA1dad

Converse Hi-Tops with DIY felt,,, but it's been a while since I went wading in the creeks.

Taxman

Simm's makes several felt wading "shoes". Rip rap (felt) have been
replaced with something similar I believe. They also have a
felt flyweight shoe. I pretty much need the ankle support as
I get older. Several of the older ones still laying around. FYI, all
of the "Vibram" treads are not the same . I
have found some of the vibrams grip better than others.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I climbed on my roof today with my felt tennis shoes - no slip - game changer for rooftop maintenance

splatek

UAEC
Old tennis shoes at the hooch tailwater today... A little slippery, but I didn't go too long. Just wanted to do something outside that didn't cost a mortgage payment in gas.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Those rocks in the middle hooch have a coating of slime that makes the creature from the black lagoon jealous.I like the dive boot style with a felt sole,they are way more flexible and not near as hot as the traditional boot style.

splatek

UAEC
New Balance.
Honestly, just did it by accident the other day and they stick to those mountain stream bottoms. MY ten year old wears crocs or goes barefoot.