What’s this

ghadarits

I think you forgot something.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I use that tool all the time but I forgot what you call it. It is very handy, applicable to most tasks, takes up little space, and assists me in accomplishing the nothing that I usually accomplish on my own without it.

Anvil Head

Yeah, got one just like it right here.....

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice pic. But no I got nothing

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
IMO, it is a rope bed tightener used to tighten the rope lattice strung through the frame of a rope bed. It might have a proper name but I don't know what that would be.

it would be forked over a loop of rope outside the frame, twisted to tighten the rope in a section, then a peg driven into the frame hole where the part of the rope that was being tightened came through to hold it before the tightener was moved to the next section.

ghadarits

IMO, it is a rope bed tightener used to tighten the rope lattice strung through the frame of a rope bed. It might have a proper name but I don't know what that would be.

it would be forked over a loop of rope outside the frame, twisted to tighten the rope in a section, then a peg driven into the frame hole where the part of the rope that was being tightened came through to hold it before the tightener was moved to the next section.
I’m going with this. I know I’ve seen that tool before and I’d bet It was at the Travelers Rest historic site near Taccoa. They have an old rope bed.