What’s your favorite streamer?

Concrete Pete

The Chattahoochee tailwater has been really stained for the past month or so.

I’ve been fishing streamers more as a result.

So far the size 6 sex dungeon in olive has been awesome. That’s what the brown in the pic ate.

The same fly in white turns the trout on as well.

Black slump busters and of course the wooly bugger have been productive as well.

I haven’t had much luck with the black drunk n disorderly. Not sure why, but it may be my retrieve or the fly could just be too big.

Attachments

• 12ABA856-6AB3-4433-AB6F-2C362517665D.jpeg
    12ABA856-6AB3-4433-AB6F-2C362517665D.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like Bennet's Lunch Money, buggers, Zoo Cougars, Clousers, Boogie Man, Home Invaders, and a couple patterns I tie. I like the D&D too, but in brown/olive/gold, and a few sizes smaller than the standard.

Concrete Pete

I like Bennet's Lunch Money, buggers, Zoo Cougars, Clousers, Boogie Man, Home Invaders, and a couple patterns I tie. I like the D&D too, but in brown/olive/gold, and a few sizes smaller than the standard.

Just picked up a boogie man today.

Do you have any advice for fishing the D & D?

It’s got a really cool ‘dying’ fish action.

Concrete Pete

Sex dungeons are awesome on the Hooch tailwaters.

No doubt. Don’t get the ones from Big Y though. Usually their flies are fine, but the hook gap on their D & Ds is too small. The fly materials cover the hook up and you miss a lot of bites.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Just picked up a boogie man today.

Do you have any advice for fishing the D & D?

It’s got a really cool ‘dying’ fish action.
D&Ds are unweighted, so the main key with them or something like a Zoo Cougar is to fish them on a sinking line, or the fast-sink polyleaders. Short jerky strips with some pauses seem to work the best much of the time. Just think of it as a Rapala.

Tequeely is another good streamer, especially for smallmouth, but browns will hit it too. The JJ Special is a kind of bugger/Tequeely hybrid that works well on browns. .

Flyguyflies

These. Count of Monte Friscos. Easy to change the colors, great large streamer for everything from trout to redfish.

Attachments

• 48C9DC8C-DB19-4FF5-B01E-DB180A6EB573.jpeg
    48C9DC8C-DB19-4FF5-B01E-DB180A6EB573.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 7ACA1989-E380-4371-9D02-891CCA6E6EA1.jpeg
    7ACA1989-E380-4371-9D02-891CCA6E6EA1.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 8AAAD106-C422-4E4F-B55A-D2D578055DC2.jpeg
    8AAAD106-C422-4E4F-B55A-D2D578055DC2.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 8

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Cone head Muddy Buddy. Depending on water conditions, either white, olive, or black.

Concrete Pete

D&Ds are unweighted, so the main key with them or something like a Zoo Cougar is to fish them on a sinking line, or the fast-sink polyleaders. Short jerky strips with some pauses seem to work the best much of the time. Just think of it as a Rapala.

Tequeely is another good streamer, especially for smallmouth, but browns will hit it too. The JJ Special is a kind of bugger/Tequeely hybrid that works well on browns. .

Thanks

Tentwing

Those look cool. Does the ‘propeller’ spin in the water?

. Yes? . It will even spin as the fly is sinking into the water immediately after making the cast, and because I tie all the weight up front it descends head first so it looks like it is diving. It will spin fast enough in rapid moving water that it vibrates.
I am still not certain what it works best on ( trout,bass, or smallmouth ?? ), but if I decide to throw streamers it is the first thing I tie on. Tentwing

Concrete Pete

. Yes? . It will even spin as the fly is sinking into the water immediately after making the cast, and because I tie all the weight up front it descends head first so it looks like it is diving. It will spin fast enough in rapid moving water that it vibrates.
I am still not certain what it works best on ( trout,bass, or smallmouth ?? ), but if I decide to throw streamers it is the first thing I tie on. Tentwing

Nice