What 12 Gauge Load For Squirrels

Doug B.

Honestly I would not use a shotgun. I always carry a .22. Sometimes they do get in a den tree or a nest, but I never have to pick shot out of a squirrel. You will miss a shot, and that's not good on my molars. A .22 is good in all seasons. It also makes you a better shot. Try it. I love shotguns, but I won't use them for squirrels.

longrangedog

About any 12 gauge load and choke will do the job if you take shots at reasonable ranges. They're not difficult to kill. Sometimes we have (me included) a tendency to put too much emphasis on equipment.

About any 12 gauge load and choke will do the job if you take shots at reasonable ranges. They're not difficult to kill. Sometimes we have (me included) a tendency to put too much emphasis on equipment.[/QUOBob.
True, you can drive yourself crazy trying to wring out that last bit of performance or accuracy when the critter is just as dead.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
During turkey season I saw a 5 round Box for over 80 bucks! :hair:

I sold my 12 gauge TSS after getting rid of my last 12 gauge.
When I asked a little above what I paid for them a few years back the guy took to salivating.

HogKillaDNR

Honestly I would not use a shotgun. I always carry a .22. Sometimes they do get in a den tree or a nest, but I never have to pick shot out of a squirrel. You will miss a shot, and that's not good on my molars. A .22 is good in all seasons. It also makes you a better shot. Try it. I love shotguns, but I won't use them for squirrels.

I'm sure my Ruger 22/45 is up for the challenge.

georgia_home

TSS has changed the recommended loads, but these were always the suggestions for lead and steel that I have seen for decades… Remington and some other vendors had shot charts like this on various print and *** displays. (Point Of Sale, abbreviated , has the *** meaning. I guess)

AA5AE431-4446-40A3-8438-9942347D215F.jpeg

HogKillaDNR