What are your feelings on once saved always saved.

j_seph

If I were to say I believed in Christ and yet not walk in Him, would what I say matter at all? In other words, is that Love? Is that repentance? Is that abiding? Is that walking with Him? What does saying do if it is not followed with action?
Was it said to just be saying it or was it the drawing spirit
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Good verse!

Words along with a transformed life show the fruit of the action of the Spirit who draws, saves, and justifies!

welderguy

J_seph,
Are you struggling with assurance of your salvation? Or is your query just something you wanted to study out?

I ask because I believe all God's people have times of doubt from time to time.(I sure do)

There's help for that though.

j_seph

J_seph,
Are you struggling with assurance of your salvation? Or is your query just something you wanted to study out?

I ask because I believe all God's people have times of doubt from time to time.(I sure do)

There's help for that though.
Brother thanks for caring enough to ask that, I as well have had doubt before but if I never had then what would I have to doubt? I was just curious as to why some say they do not believe in once saved, always saved. I am young in my walk with Christ, not that I just recently got saved but the fact I stepped away from him and kept living of this world and through his grace, conviction my walk is on the right path now. I love hearing others takes on how they interpret scripture and pray that maybe I read understand something that the Lord will give me the words to express it so other may see. No doubts on my salvation, I have had that heart pounding experience many times when your led to say or do something. I also have been taught as well that you better just do what he ask of you in faith and not hinder the spirit by not doing so (things always work out better if ya just do what he says)

Artfuldodger

I wonder if Paul's letters to Timothy are some of the hardest to meld with a OSAS belief?

1 Timothy 1:18-20
18Timothy, my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith. 20Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

1 Timothy 4:16
Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Paul is confusing, He speaks of predestination and then speaks of falling away. How can one save themselves?
Paul preaches to persevere.

welderguy

Now that's preaching.

Not in my estimation.He kept saying the Hebrew saints were unbelievers.
The writer of Hebrews says differently.
He only read the first part of chapter 6, and left out vs 9 through the end of the chapter.Which tells us the reality.

Hebrews 6:9

9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

centerpin fan

... isn't this video uncommonly long for centerpin fan? What's up with that?

Yes, it is. I rarely post a video longer than a minute, but the man asked for the reasoning behind the belief. It just so happens that this one took an hour.

hawglips

Banned
The Word doesn't say "once saved always saved."

But it does say there are lots of things we must do to be saved. And the parable of the 10 virgins is a good warning to anyone thinking they can sleep through their life instead of remaining vigilant.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

To understand his interpretation of scripture one must see his understanding of what a "believer" is. I do not find the "believer" he talks about at 47:00—47:45, referred to as a true believer in scripture (that being the believer who is willfully disobedient), but it does explain much of what he sees in scripture. He illustrates this, unintentionally I believe, just prior to 47:00 with an example of unfaithfulness which he attributes to the teaching of eternal security; but could in fact only be attributable to "said faith".

Artfuldodger

2 Corinthians 11:2-4
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. For I promised you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3 I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

hobbs27

2 Corinthians 11:2-4
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. For I promised you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3 I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

You realize that does not pertain to us..don't you?

furtaker

"He who believes in the Son has (present tense) everlasting life." If it's everlasting then it lasts forever. Jesus said so.

What the eternal security debate really boils down to is whether you believe salvation is by grace or by works. There are no other mind games you can play to explain it any other way.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
2 Peter 2:20-21

If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. 21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

Artfuldodger

"He who believes in the Son has (present tense) everlasting life." If it's everlasting then it lasts forever. Jesus said so.

What the eternal security debate really boils down to is whether you believe salvation is by grace or by works. There are no other mind games you can play to explain it any other way.

Would one have to produce fruit(works)?

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men.10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

"but you were washed"

Easy believism vs lordship salvation; the great debate continues.

The way I've had it explained to me is; salvation is free and has nothing to do from us. God elects an individual and then the individual receives the Holy Spirit at the individuals effective calling. The Holy Spirit produces fruit within that person or at least guides that person to produce fruit.

The fruit(works) are the proof of his regeneration. We usually have this debate concerning homosexuals. I guess they make the best example, for some reason, over drunkards or lustful people.

Repentance? Is it the ability to quit sinning(works) or is the realization that one can't quit sinning and thus need Jesus as a savior from the non-ability to quit sinning?

Artfuldodger

You realize that does not pertain to us..don't you?

2 Corinthians 11:22
Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I.

Revelation 19:7
Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.

Was the elect or bride able to be led astray?

Could they receive a different spirit than the One they received, or a different gospel than the one they accepted?

When did the Bride make herself ready and how?

Artfuldodger

Romans 8:29-30
29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Consummation? Of course. Off track? Not really.

gemcgrew

Romans 8:29-30
29For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified.
It is God's work, not mine.