What call to use NOW for coyotes?

willie1971

They have shown up and are playing around in broad daylight. Seeing groups up to 4. I would love some suggestions.... Thanks!

chase870

Possum Sox
Depends on the Natural food source in the area. Baby Cotton Tail pretty well works year round. Rodent in distress is a good one around hay fields that are fresh cut. If there are a fair number of houses in the area feral cat or kitten in distress works. Invitation howls will usually get a response. What County are you in???

willie1971

Im in NC at the moment. I was wondering about coyote pup or fawn in destress. I usually use the cottontail as a my go to.... i'm in the suburds and they are very brazen. Ill be in hancock in a few weeks.

sleepr71

I’d try an invitation howl first. They will think a new Coyote has came into their territory and I’m willing to bet that at least two or three of them show up to run it off. Be ready for multiples. If you don’t get any response from that,then I’d switch over to Coyote Pup Distress..followed by Fawn Distress. Don’t call too much. They have amazing hearing & can pinpoint where sounds came from? Have the wind-in your face & the Sun at your back. Wait until conditions are most in your favor & make your shots count! Good luck

willie1971

saw 4 today while deer hunting. probably mom and her pups. and never used a call.

will try tomorrow and take my gun. thanks!