What can happen?

jrgriggs

Thats a good question i guess it would depend on what the crime was but i dont know what woody would say

Toliver

It does depend on the crime. If someone confessed to speeding to work, noone would really care. If someone confessed that while speeding to work they ran over and killed someone, then that would get some attention. I'm sure they would be traced, located and investigated. As far as Woody's liability, there's probably a disclaimer somewhere in the aggreement terms that hold him harmless. And you certainly never know when Big Brother is watching.

mpowell

Tom Borck said:
if somebody came on Woodys and confessed to a crime? legally? Any obligation from Woody to report?

did professor plum finally admit to the murder using the pipe in the conservatory, tom???

interesting question . . . i'd venture to say it's not anyone's legal responsibility--maybe one might feel morally obligated. but, who's to say whether it's a hoax or crank post?

without first hand knowledge of the crime all we'd know is heresay which, in a court of law, isn't going to go far!

QuakerBoy

what did you do this time Tom

Handgunner

A lot of Game Wardens/Wildlife Biologists visit this site and they do keep track of certain things.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I Was Just Kiddin'...

There's really not any bodies burried in the back yard... :) -- Except 3 dogs, one cat, a hampster, and two gold fish... :bounce:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
No, there's no way posting anything here could lead to prosecution.

Post away!

:yeah:

ncman

Well............

There was this one time........Ahhhh nevermind.

Dough

Statute of Limitations?

I think I spelled that right, guess Woody needs to incorporate a spell check? Isn't it amazing how we can think up great projects for someone else? That's called management!

Anyway, is there a statute of limitations on game laws?

For instance if someone admitted killing an illegal deer last year, or 5 years ago, or 20? Is there a time limit to prosecute?

Just curious,

Toliver

hancock27 said:
I think I spelled that right, guess Woody needs to incorporate a spell check? Isn't it amazing how we can think up great projects for someone else? That's called management!

Anyway, is there a statute of limitations on game laws?

For instance if someone admitted killing an illegal deer last year, or 5 years ago, or 20? Is there a time limit to prosecute?

Just curious,

Statute of limitations on a misdemeanor is 2 years.
Murder has no statute of limitations
Forcible rape is 15 years
Other Felonies punishable by life in prison or death is 7 years
Most other felonies it's 4 years with a few exceptions

JBowers

if somebody came on Woodys and confessed to a crime? legally? Any obligation from Woody to report?
I don't think he would have to!:D

Toliver

Are you trying to say this board has a bunch of snitches? ::ke:

JBowers

Toliver said:
Are you trying to say this board has a bunch of snitches? ::ke:
Snitches, ethics police, or believing in the rule of law - calling it what you may! Yes, there are honorable hunters on this site who take wildlife conservation, protection of the hunting heritage, and the value of hunters seriously.

Toliver

JBowers said:
Snitches, ethics police, or believing in the rule of law - calling it what you may! Yes, there are honorable hunters on this site who take wildlife conservation, protection of the hunting heritage, and the value of hunters seriously.

I believe in the rule of law. It pays my mortgage.

HMwolfpup

Toliver said:
I believe in the rule of law. It pays my mortgage.

yeah, but people bribing you to look the other way doesn't count ::ke:

just kidding....Lord knows I don't want you to find a reason to arrest me! :bounce: