what Coon light do you use?

which light do you use ?

• Total voters

bowboy1989

anyone know of the best way to charge your light do you let it die completely or just charge it anytime

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell I've been out of the game for awhile lol. When I was coon hunting, you had three options: Koehler Wheat Light, Nite Lite, and Sunburst Eagle. :)

Hillbilly stalker

Bet he's bought a new one in the last 6 years. :bounce:

Last edited:

greg_n_clayton

Went and had deer heart and liver with a buddy of mine tonight for supper. We had this very conversation ! Our conclusion was that there are alot of quality LED flashlights out there that work just as well as the fancy named lights that folks pay $100s of dollars for !!

But, like hillbilly, I been outta night hunting for awhile ! Back when I was serious, our light was a coleman lantern and a ray-o-vac 6 volt flashlight !

Hillbilly stalker

Flashlights have came further in the last 5 years than any other contraption they are. They make $15 flashlights now that will outshine the old wheat lights with either the small or large heads. The big name coon lights like " Boss", will almost catch the top of a tree on fire. The cheap Korhee $50 lights are brighter than anything we ever had 20 years ago. They've really improved.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Went and had deer heart and liver with a buddy of mine tonight for supper. We had this very conversation ! Our conclusion was that there are alot of quality LED flashlights out there that work just as well as the fancy named lights that folks pay $100s of dollars for !!

But, like hillbilly, I been outta night hunting for awhile ! Back when I was serious, our light was a coleman lantern and a ray-o-vac 6 volt flashlight !
You remember those big headlights on the elastic band that you wired up to a 6-volt lantern battery in a pouch on your belt? :)

I've used a nite lite with a wheat head for almost 30 years now. Still got the old original one that's bulky and heavy like totin a brick on your side. Over the years I've upgraded to a lot lighter model but still use the wheat head setup

specialk

last one i used was a night razer, still got it, made by tri-tronics for a short while....incredible little lite....fits in my pant pocket...download.jpg

deerpoacher1970

Dakota coon lights,Coker Creek Tn. Check them out online them will build you a custom light that weighs nearly nothing and bright as you will ever need .

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
My light is a old one but still works. 16 volt. Not able to chase the hounds any more but still use it on the lake at nite as a backup to my led flashlight