What did you do mountain related today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Leupold runs that warranty too. Send em in and you might get something back by bow season..
I agree , I had a scope that I had for probably 20 years that fogged up . I contacted customer service and sent it in for repair , got a new scope in the mail in a few weeks .

jbogg

Just orders a Horn Hunter Full Curl pack frame. @jbogg actually recommend it to me some time ago. Looking forward to getting it and packing something out this season!

I hope you like it, mine has served me well. There are definitely lighter packs on the market, but then again you don’t have to take out a second mortgage to purchase a Horn Hunter. Remember, the torso straps are adjustable on the inside of the pack frame so you can get it dialed in and comfortable carrying a heavy load.

Whit90

I hope you like it, mine has served me well. There are definitely lighter packs on the market, but then again you don’t have to take out a second mortgage to purchase a Horn Hunter. Remember, the torso straps are adjustable on the inside of the pack frame so you can get it dialed in and comfortable carrying a heavy load.

It will be way better than anything I currently have!

KentuckyHeadhunter

After extensive research I bit the bullet and ordered a Mystery Ranch Metcalf. It appears they opened a couple operations in the Philippines and Indonesia but the quality control is still there. Not gonna get my drawers in a wad over it.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got a pack frame I use from Badlands I bought in the late 80’s. It’s been a good one for me. Haul a bunch of deer and hogs with it. Don’t even know if they’re in business anymore but it’s been a good one and at my age the last one I’ll need.

Whit90

After extensive research I bit the bullet and ordered a Mystery Ranch Metcalf. It appears they opened a couple operations in the Philippines and Indonesia but the quality control is still there. Not gonna get my drawers in a wad over it.

I actually went with the HornHunter over a similar pack frame from Alps Outdoorz because I thought I read that HornHunter was made in America, but I think I just made that up… I can not find where it says they are American made.

splatek

UAEC
Walked a few miles yesterday. Bumped a small deer, couldn't see the head, but likely a doe. Also, bumped a bear that wasn't happy with my presence; before dropping off into a steep drainage he gave the growl as if I was interrupting him.

I wish it were season, because in one area no bigger than 50 sq yards I found 6+ decent sized fresh scat piles. Berries, I think.

Got to the truck right as the bottom opened up and the storm hit. So that was a win. I still have no idea what I'm doing or where I am hunting come Sept, but being out there makes me feel like I am still in the game.

trad bow

Won’t do you any good come season but the blackberries coming on strong if y’all want to see some sign. Give you an idea where to start looking specially up high.

jbogg

I drove up this morning to check out a spot I found on the map. After climbing for almost 40 mins and bushwhacking my way up a thick lead I was certain that I was the first person at this spot in at least 30 years. No sooner than the thought crossed my mind I find a 6” pine that had been sawed off just above waist height in the last year or two. Took a few more steps and see the ladder stand. This was 3400’, and a heck of a hike from the truck. I keep having to remind myself that there is nowhere in North GA where someone else hasn’t already been before.20692C16-B684-48A8-A65A-538693F2DE13.jpegCE5CCA81-E21C-420A-9E40-53A4E214B64F.jpeg

Last edited:

trad bow

There is no place on this earth someone hasn’t already been that you could go to. Just respect each spot so the next person that comes across that spot can think they may be the first person to see it.

saved me a trip up there bogg. thanks for checking it. is it good to go? you are more than welcome to use it.

EyesUp83

All ya'll are scouting and shooting. Well done! I just went for a run so my lungs don't collapse 22 minutes into the hike on day 1. Then I decided to slings some weights cus I remembered bears are heavy.
Tomorrow I'll do satellite scouting cus I'll be too sore to move haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts