What did you do mountain related today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislibby88

Thanks man! I’m not sure when I will write another one, but hoping to have a successful Bear hunt in a couple of months I can share on paper.
Hope you have a success story, but if you don’t you can always do an interview with one of the bear assassins from the forum, I’m sure @Buckman18 would be a good one. A lot of us would pay for that issue.

Buckman18

I know what Buckman Drives so if things get desperate he may have some company.?

I drive a newer burgundy Dodge Extended Cab 4x4, looks just like Killer Kyles!

Hope you have a success story, but if you don’t you can always do an interview with one of the bear assassins from the forum, I’m sure @Buckman18 would be a good one. A lot of us would pay for that issue.

Don't believe a word I say, I spent many years in sales management and I might yank your chain. ;)

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m still working on getting my old worn out body in somewhat decent shape. 2 1/2 mile walk with 25 lb pack on in the hills of middle Georgia. I’ve lost 25 lbs in the last two months but still need to lose 30 lbs. like to be down to 190 lbs by end of November

Professor

I’m still working on getting my old worn out body in somewhat decent shape. 2 1/2 mile walk with 25 lb pack on in the hills of middle Georgia. I’ve lost 25 lbs in the last two months but still need to lose 30 lbs. like to be down to 190 lbs by end of November
You are well on your way. Keep it up.

Professor

I learned that scouting Cohutta this time of year is like swimming in briers. My son and I did surprise a nice size bear and he scooted up a bank to escape. We also ran up on a fat and angry Timber Rattler.

Joe Brandon

Putting out cameras on the farm today. It’s actually the first time I have thought there may be chance of shooting a bear in Cherokee Cty. The property is north Cherokee off 20 but we live in Towne Lake. There have been multiple bears spotted in Towne Lake this year. Would be pretty cool to take one down here. Season runs fun currently w/ deer.

Tio Hey Seuss

Putting out cameras on the farm today. It’s actually the first time I have thought there may be chance of shooting a bear in Cherokee Cty. The property is north Cherokee off 20 but we live in Towne Lake. There have been multiple bears spotted in Towne Lake this year. Would be pretty cool to take one down here. Season runs fun currently w/ deer.
Good luck dude!

splatek

UAEC

I have two on cam in Cherokee county in the past. But they weren't there come season...

I sent an email to Clay Newcomb a couple of years ago complaining about never seeing any content in Bear Hunting Magazine that was relevant to the way we hunt bears in North Georgia. He wrote me back and said “well write something”. The moral of the story is to be careful what you ask for. ?

Good reads! Very informative.

Thanks

ChidJ

Went up and did some scouting around Chattahoochee WMA. Glad I did because my virtual hunt plan fell apart really quick. I did see some bears and developed a new plan of attack though.

I'll say this, I don't know that I'd trust something without 4wd and some ground clearance on the roads, especially after some rain.

As an aside, I've never seen campsites on a WMA in such a sorry state. So much litter. I tried to pick up as much as I could. I actually emptied out my cooler and filled it with trash as well as the one bag I had brought for my own trash. Next time I come, I'm bringing a whole box of garbage bags and my little garbage grabber thing. Its a shame people don't care enough to not leave beer containers and butt wipes strewn all over such a beautiful place.

Also, Helen is a weird little town

ddd-shooter

Went up and did some scouting around Chattahoochee WMA. Glad I did because my virtual hunt plan fell apart really quick. I did see some bears and developed a new plan of attack though.

I'll say this, I don't know that I'd trust something without 4wd and some ground clearance on the roads, especially after some rain.

As an aside, I've never seen campsites on a WMA in such a sorry state. So much litter. I tried to pick up as much as I could. I actually emptied out my cooler and filled it with trash as well as the one bag I had brought for my own trash. Next time I come, I'm bringing a whole box of garbage bags and my little garbage grabber thing. Its a shame people don't care enough to not leave beer containers and butt wipes strewn all over such a beautiful place.

Also, Helen is a weird little town
Yep. Always keep trash bags in my tool box. It's crazy what you'll see.

Also. I loathe Helen. Avoid it like the plague.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Finally found a holster that mounts onto the Molle webbing on my MR pack. Carries my G29 perfectly. Super versatile holster for only 26 bucks on Amazon. Super high quality. If you're looking for a Molle holster check out the Excellent Elite Spanker. Lots of colors and it will fit weapons with light systems etc because its customizable. 20210729_151130~2.jpg

Professor

About 11 miles today. No rain but drenched like I jumped in a lake. Cam I had out since may lasted four days. Persimmons I found last year are loaded females. Acorn puzzle coming together.

Im wrecked. Time for a few beers and some fishing.
Do tell what you learned about the acorns.

Status
Not open for further replies.