What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

DANG !!!
This weekend I’m doing possibly the most important deer hunting related task of the season. Took the wife to Savannah. She knows, when we get back I hit the ground runnin like a bat outa hades and she ain’t gonna see me around quite as much for a few months

Nimrod71

I had to go to the river this morning to replace the ignition switch in my John Deere and cut the grass. On the way home I decided I would check out my deer hunting spot. I was surprised to find three good scrapes within sight of my tree stand. Along the game trail were several trees that had been torn up with the bark rubbed off. I want go back until Oct. 16th.

Bubba_1122

When I walked outside this morning I thought - “dang, I ought to be sitting in a deer stand”. Sure felt nice outside.

Touched base with ATV Fix It guy today to see if my ATV had been repaired (mouse chewed up wires. It’s been there a while). It ain’t ready yet.

Reached out to the tractor repair folks (rat pretty well chawed all the wires in my tractor too). it ain’t ready either.

Tractor service manager told me when I took it in quite a while ago that the reason mice and rats chew wires is because the plastic insulation has peanut oil in it. That sounds crazy, but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about (had to wonder if they put peanut oil in the insulation so they can partner with mice and rats to sell more wiring).

Wiring harnesses on green tractorsa were backordered for quite a while (about 3 months).

Also bought some D-Con tablets (if/when I get the tractor and ATV back will use to circumvent future issues).

Put together two 2-man Millenium stands and fabricated brackets for legs on another ladder stand so can install that those this weekend.

Also shot my bow several times (including shot it at 20 and at 30 yards from about 15’ up).

When does deer season come in?:cool:

Last edited:

slow motion

Should be hunting but homework has me hobbled. Needed some replacement ladder stand braces. Found some for 16 bucks each online last week and got em today.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Planted my last plot and overseeded another one yesterday. Hunting today.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I checked the tracking again for my 3 step aider coming from the Amsteel guy…..ordered on the 17th. I guess I’ll be waiting the full 2 weeks versus the 2-3 days probable…..ugh!

buckmanmike

Came to camp thursday. Worked on my golf cart and sprayer. Got them both working. Sprayed about 5 acres. Have about 1/2 acre to go. Batteries on cart are about shot. 6.5 y/o. Will pull them tomorrow and replace the 1st full week of Oct. It will run good for about 1/2 mile and start shuttering. Voltage would be down to 48v, after a full charge they are 52v.

Status
Not open for further replies.