What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slow motion

Cleaned the blood off my pack knife and knife for skinning and quartering. Touched up edge on both.

Hickory Nut

Attached the cushions to my ladder stands and cleaned up an area on the edge of the bottom for a new spot to set a chair on the ground. The old spot left me exposed. Now I have some brush as a background to break up my silhouette.

Bubba_1122

Didn’t do anything yesterday or today related to deer hunting except shoot my bow and scroll through pics on my phone.

Saturday I taught my 7 y/o grandson how to hook up the safety harness to the prussic and go up the stand quietly. Also taught him how to whisper instead of talk out loud.

Also about 2 hours later helped him load up his first deer ever (young spike/button+) and drove it to the processor with him, his brother and his dad. He made a really nice shot at 44 yards.

BTW, to a 7 year old that only wanted to kill “a boy” any buck’s a trophy.

What a fun day it was (in fact 2021 has been a pretty good year. Other grandson (9 at the time) killed his first deer in January and kilt a really nice gobbler in March).

The Redneck Training Academy is open for the Fall Semester.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Nuthin'. Absolutely nuthin'. If I can bidness taken care of by tomorrow then I'm headed to camp Thursday and I'll hunt with my bow Thursday and Friday and then Saturday morning out comes Ole Painless.

Nimrod71

I rode land lines looking for deer sign trespassers. Saw five turkeys, two squirrels and one buck deer. There were plenty of foot tracks where deer moving from the creek bottoms and field drains across the pine plantation. From what I saw there were at least a dozen good stand sites.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Put up fences to keep the cows from eating my corn and feed.

Bug bombed a shooting house.

Got stuck on my atv scouting and had to get my 11 yr old cousin to pull me out, that was fun to hear him laugh after he got stuck Sunday and I had to pull him out! :rolleyes: :rofl:

Hopefully tonight I will mount my New Burris Scope on my New Weatherby Rifle

ditchdoc24

Pulled my new Millennium tree seat out of the box and put it in my truck. Slowly getting ready for the gun opener. Trying to figure out how I'm going to make sure I'm up in time Saturday morning. I have to go to my son's football game in Martinez Friday evening and we have a 90 minute ride home afterward. Looking at getting to bed about midnight and don't want to be late to the stand.

dang

DANG !!!
I s’pose I looked at on-x some. That’s just a bored habit

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cleared some shooting lanes, checked plots, looking good. Fertilized and watered the greens planted at camp. Shot some ol hogs and left them for the varmits.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Thought about it all day. I can't go tomorrow but I'm headed to camp Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.