What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dang

DANG !!!
May be early, but rain the next three days in the forecast. I got my clover seed in the dirt. Let’s hope it grows!! First time trying it.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Bought some clover seed for over-seeding two plots. Also bought 6 bags of wheat for over-seeding the plots mentioned and a couple of others. I am thinking about doing the plots late next week, weather permitting. If not then a few days later. Being retired allows me to take advantage of weather.

deast1988

Tractor guy came yesterday, planted 15lbs of Durana, 250lbs of buck forage oats, 10lbs of chicory

Here’s to some rain!

Got a New JavaMan long bow coming today if UPS don’t let me down, I’ll be tuning it this evening.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Bought some triple 19 fertilizer. $24 a bag tax and all at Family Farm in Monroe.
I saw it at a prominent store in Oconee County yesterday for $30 a bag plus tax.

dang

DANG !!!
Gonna go grab some corn here in a few. Bait up the trough feeder. Need to find some old tin roofing first though

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm going hunting. Be back possibly.

dang

DANG !!!
Got corn out. Just a bag on the ground and a little in the trough for now. Clover seeds are doin something for sure, this rain was great, sitting the stand behind the house this afternoon

ucfireman

Put out about 20lbs of red crimson clover with about 2 lbs of durana in one area.
Put out about a lb of durana and lb turnips and lb of rape in another area.
Seed was left over from last year and just put it out to put it out.
Put out some durana in the front yard. I like the white flowers and giving the deer something to much where I can watch.

Thinking of buying/ordering some white crimson clover and wheat to seed my other areas but need to either cut or disc either before or when I do.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I did my first saddle hunt yesterday afternoon. It was more of a get the bugs out run, but I went up 3 sticks high and brought the bow with me. I did have one oh poop moment when a prussik got caught in my ropeman 1, but I quickly remedied it.
There are a bunch of bugs to get out, but mostly it’s gear related.
The bare greenbrier vines at the base of my tree jacked up my paracord which then got tangled in my quiver. As I started to raise my bow it’s all tangled and 2 arrows pop out and 1 is dangling so note to self……..trim away the greenbrier vines!
i also taped up my platform which worked great after switching out a rope mod that failed……good thing I brought that back up strap! I got a bunch of camo vet tape and I like it!
9B079707-1B62-4BA1-8FBD-28C48E57963F.jpeg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
DD8DDD9E-441C-4093-8E12-92EFD5D336D7.jpeg
F236D44C-BE4C-4FA2-80B8-769C47B22866.jpeg

Any questions?:bounce:

Last edited:

dang

DANG !!!
Refilled a feeder and hooked up two cell cameras here at the house. Pretty excited about having them, I pulled cards last week and had some real nice bucks. It’ll be nice to not have to keep going in there to swap cards!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Washing camo. Going hunting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.