What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

slow motion

I read Death in the Silent Places. Not deer hunting but I like Capstick.

Ray357

AWOL
Did you find any?
I looked yesterday but didn't find any. Pics showed they still had them on 2-13 but some pics on 2-16 looked like big bodies that may have lost but couldn't be sure.
Found 4 so far. Best is half a Ten pointer. (I just assume both sides 5 pts)

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nothing again today except take pics of the snow piles we have now. Our lot has 2 dozen this high right now :bounce:

20210218_113150.jpg

Gbr5pb

Went to see my 81 year old property owner! Has to have another valve replaced Wednesday last one in 2013 like to have killed him! Neighbor already trying to buy him out! Hopefully go better than last time

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Put the feeder shown in post #80 that I assembled yesterday in the woods. Put 200 lbs. of corn in it.
Did some more misc. pathway and shooting lane trimming.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Went and checked some trail cams on my lunch break. Found this laying 15 feet in front of one in a food plot. This is a buck that I was after this past season. I never saw him in person and wasn't 100% sure he hadn't gotten killed. Kind of glad I never got a look at him because he should be that much better in 6-7 months. He dropped both antlers sometime between the 21-31 of January.

150210588_10103734336506968_4486749057201524442_n.jpg

devolve

Filed a police report for all my stands and another $1,000 worth of stuff stolen out of my conex box. Lock was cut and they emptied me out. Weed eater had a serial number on it and was brand new. Hopefully be able to track that one down to a pawn shop.
Gilmer county

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Cleaned up golf cart and trailer after a few days piddling in the woods.

GeorgiaGlockMan

I tried to kill some coyotes.

Had a short set tonight at dark 30. Started with a rabbit in distress and finished with some female howls, barking, Beta male howls and the hunting howls.

It was quiet until I ripped the hunting howls and all heck broke loose. There were several all around me. And then my thermal's battery died. I forgot to charge it before I left and didn't realize until I was halfway to the farm. Suprized I got the time I did.

Good news is I really like my new Felxtone caller. It was half the price of either of the broken foxpro callers in my gun room. Not even worth sending the foxpros back to be repaired AGAIN.

This convinced me that the foxpros are junk. I will never buy another.

Operation is better. 2x the remote range. Many more calls. Remote is more intuitive.. And flextone says theirs are moisture proof (foxpros are not..a light drizzle killed one of mine 2x). I paid alot less for a new unit than foxpro charges to fix their junk.

Last edited:

DeoVindice

I did a couple things today. I put out some corn, and let my 7 year old shoot the AR. He is determined to get his first buck this fall.

I must get down to south Ga in the next couple of weeks to put up a blind and a lock on. It's no rush, of course, but I would rather do it now than in the hot weather. I reckon I'm one of the only folks in the world who actually prefers winter time in Ga.

LifeLongHunter

Went and looked at one property for areas to plant some nut/fruit trees, been checking out what type of trees to plant on property next fall. Dustan, Crabapple, Persimmon.

7Mag Hunter

finished washing hunting clothes and put i vacuum bags for storage...next is cleaning camper, storing coolers, stoves, and misc gear...guns are clean and in cabinet..removed batteries from flashlights storing batteries in small tubs....
have some "repair " work on camper but it will have to wait till mid summer...
Knee replacement surgery in 4 weeks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.