What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer Ray

I shot my 32 caliber flintlock just in case DNR allows 30 caliber muzzle loaders. ,,,,,Did shoot it but not for that reason.

MYRX

Put 4 new Nitto rock-gripper tires on my hunting truck. Got the front-end aligned. Rides great now. Filled my gravity feeders to tie them over some until spring budding breaks through.

hambone76

Did some internet shopping for a new pack.....it’s currently out of stock, so I started compiling a list of the items and weight of each needed to go in the pack.

Wifeshusband

Took advantage of the break in the cold weather and moved a couple of stands Tuesday. One was only moved about 20 yds, but it was moved uphill on a plateau of sorts, where I could see a lot more ground. Sometimes in this game, 20 yds will make all the difference in getting a shot.

Nimrod71

I walked around the cotton field south of my home looking at deer and hog sign. I found some deer tracks take if you could dig'm up two of them would fill a gallon bucket. But like they say deer tracks make a thin soup. Back to the walk around, I spotted a good deer trail and I followed it down into the woods. The deeper I got into the woods the more sign I saw. I was about 200 yards into the woods when I heard some limbs breaking. I slid behind a big oak and waited. I heard more brush breaking and I knew it was either someone coming up the branch or a big animal. I waited about another five minutes and then a big hog popped out of the gallberries. It was a big boar. I hadn't expected to run up on a hog this size. As I waited more hogs appeared. I watched them as the herd moved up the branch. Well it finally got to eh point of shoot or let them go. I eased up my 45-70 and I put the cross hairs on the boars head and pulled the trigger. One shot and he didn't move again. I reloaded and throwed down on another big hog and it went down too. Hogs were running everywhere. I saw a nice one about a 100 lb. running toward the field and I fired again, he fell in his tracks. Hogs don't stand a chance against a 45-70 loaded with 300 gr. hollow points going 2,100 fps. Now the hard part loading and cleaning them. Well not really, I called a friend that I have the deal of I kill'em and he cleans them for half the meat. I gave him both the big hogs for cleaning the little one for me. I'll have a good Bar-B-Que this weekend.

Gbr5pb

Said a little prayer that we get offered the lease we been on 28 years again! They want to sell. Got a soon to be 4 old grandson and another still cooking to take hunting and them box stands on feed plots be the place

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rigging up to do some plots and to repair some roads. Rainy season developed many pot holes in our dirt roads.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Gathering materials and supplies for some HVAC duct work at our lake shack. The house also serves as deer camp for one our our leases. My son is a HVAC technician, I am his “not under the house helper” We hope to do the work soon before snakes crawl.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Gathering materials and supplies for some HVAC duct work at our lake shack. The house also serves as deer camp for one our our leases. My son is a HVAC technician, I am his “not under the house helper” We hope to do the work soon before snakes crawl.

They`re crawling now, and chances are that they den under your shack.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
They`re crawling now, and chances are that they den under your shack.

Thanks
He was under there in January getting his parts list together and didn’t encounter anything. Hopefully we will have the same luck now.

Status
Not open for further replies.