What do you recommend?

fasn8nmom

I am looking for a good tripod stand. I have one that I really like (bought it last year) and now they don't make them anymore.
I have looked at the ones that Basspro and Cabela's carry and don't think I like them. They don't have much of a platform which is what I really like about the one I have now.
Anybody have any recommendations?

Randy

There are some tripod stands sitting in a field on Hwy 16 between Eatonton and Moticello that look real good from the road. Apparenty the guy there makes and sells them. Does anybody know tis guy or has anybody here ever bought one from him? I am thinking about a tripod this year too!

OKFLGA

Call your local

Awning company and ask for the welder. Get him to monnlight one for you. Or learn to weld.

Much better then tripods.

We have 4x4 and 4x6 towers from 10 to 16 feet tall built for us from time to time for under $300

The frames are usually less than 8' and nest.
That means you can get 2 sections and a tower on a small trailer.

That's right a 16 foot tower with an 4x4x7 box nested on a 5x8 trailer, and it only sticks up 8.'

The Awning company welder works with Alum and steel pipe all the time and can put the whole thing together for you. It can be open or enclosed.

Secretary chairs swivel great and those hydrolics sit real comfortable.

Randy

groundhawg said:
Randy,
Did you notice if he had any double wide / two person stands?
gt
Yes he had several different sizes and types sitting out there.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Randy said:
There are some tripod stands sitting in a field on Hwy 16 between Eatonton and Moticello that look real good from the road. Apparenty the guy there makes and sells them. Does anybody know tis guy or has anybody here ever bought one from him? I am thinking about a tripod this year too!

If this is the same fella....I have tried calling him and Bubbabuck has tried calling and knocking and we cannot geta response. Maybe we should load one up and see if he runs outside????

They look good though.

Jim

Larry Rooks

You can go to a local machine shop with plans and they will build one for you.
I have a couple of store bought ones that are a lil bit flimsy when climbing and have aheck of a time keeping them up when the wind blows. I even have rebar steaks driven thru the plate into the ground and they still fall over.
Or, if you know someone with a welder, the do it yourself is always cheaper and stronger

Lostoutlaw

Home made

I go to monroe a lot o the time in truck Leggtt and platt after gettin off I 20 east going to Soc. Cirle bout 1 Mile down on the Left first gas Station you come to , They had them up and outside during deer season some really nice ones too I'll try and stop in and ask about them next time cause I;m always stoping for B.B.Gue sandwich the best there is.... Danny

gadeerwoman

I have 4 gametamer quad pods that adjust from 10-14 foot and I love them. One person can set them up easily...if I can set one up at 14' by myself you know you guys can do it!!. They are made by a guy in Tx. Has swivel seat, optional surround rail. I have never even had to tie them down and have yet to have one blow over even when set right out in the open on a hill in some 35-40 mph winds. Don't know if anyone in GA carries them anymore but BassPro used to.