What features would you want in a cellular camera?

BUCKFAT

For the average joe that wants to get into cellular cameras what would you want in a cellular camera? While having realistic features that would keep it affordable?

whitter

BANNED
Reliable mfg. support
fast trigger time
good flash
very good pictures
adaptable to what ever cell svc is good for the area of use
exceptable appearance as far as cammo
built in means of security so that once installed on tree would be very hard to remove
there are more but these are what comes to thought up front

sghoghunter

For the average joe that wants to get into cellular cameras what would you want in a cellular camera? While having realistic features that would keep it affordable?

Would our comments be used to build a better cell camera or help you decide which one to buy?

sghoghunter

First off I would want the company to build a dependable camera that did exactly what they were advertised to do and have a good customer support in case people have questions. 90% of the people that use cell cameras these days are more glad they can get a picture sent to their phone than the camera doing what it should do. I won’t mention the brand cameras I like but will say if I could change one thing it would be a better IR flash at night. I like being able to do a firmware update on the camera in the woods rather than having to pull the SD card and having to use a laptop. I like one that has a fast trigger speed not one where the first pic is a plot full of deer or turkeys. I like to be able to select different sensitivity,delays and trigger times.

I want a camera that has the following:

-On/Off Button.
-Sends me 8mp pictures every 5 seconds as soon as it takes them.
-Takes nighttime pictures.
-Pay as you go plan.

Thats it. Literally that is all. SIMPLE.

The camera that are out there are way too complicated for most guys.

BUCKFAT

Just another way to ask and curious what everyone wants in one? Just looking for one that most people like and why.

nickruis

Spartan has about all you could ask for. You can buy spypoint for half the price and have 10x the issue. In 5-6 years I think I might have had 1-2 issues. Have ran 4 and they’re great. Can’t have the best and expect to pay the least.

sghoghunter

Spartan has about all you could ask for. You can buy spypoint for half the price and have 10x the issue. In 5-6 years I think I might have had 1-2 issues. Have ran 4 and they’re great. Can’t have the best and expect to pay the least.

I’m the same way with Covert wireless. The only thing I would change on their cameras is a brighter flash. Every thing else I described above they already have or do. I don’t know much about Spartans but I do know their monthly payment is confusing to me. I never figured out the buying credits thing over just paying a certain amount for a certain number of pictures like most the other brands do

Davexx1

With a Spartan cell camera, you have the option of subscribing to their premium level of service. Premium service essentially is the ability to manage your camera remotely from your cell phone, turn camera off/on, make or change settings, etc. That premium service costs $3 and some pennies per month per camera. They call that monthly charge a "credit". To buy the premium service for one camera for one year (12 months) would be 12 x $3 = $36. That is 12 credits at $3 each for the $36.

If you have Verizon cell phone service with unlimited text messages, you can add the cell cam to your existing Verizon account as a "connected device" for $5 per month and have unlimited texted photos from your cell camera from now on. There is a one-time registration charge by Verizon of $30 or $35 to register each connected device and add it to your account.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

sghoghunter

With a Spartan cell camera, you have the option of subscribing to their premium level of service. Premium service essentially is the ability to manage your camera remotely from your cell phone, turn camera off/on, make or change settings, etc. That premium service costs $3 and some pennies per month per camera. They call that monthly charge a "credit". To buy the premium service for one camera for one year (12 months) would be 12 x $3 = $36. That is 12 credits at $3 each for the $36.

If you have Verizon cell phone service with unlimited text messages, you can add the cell cam to your existing Verizon account as a "connected device" for $5 per month and have unlimited texted photos from your cell camera from now on. There is a one-time registration charge by Verizon of $30 or $35 to register each connected device and add it to your account.

Hope that helps.

See all that is what’s confusing to me cause they don’t have a set amount for a certain number of pictures. My bill every month from covert it $29.98 for 10,000 pictures on 4 cameras. What would your monthly bill be for 4 cameras with 10,000 pictures?

LTFDretired

Some way to make it unusable if stolen.

some way to have it ping me to its new location if stolen.

or, explode when the thief tries to active it ?

sghoghunter

Some way to make it unusable if stolen.

some way to have it ping me to its new location if stolen.

or, explode when the thief tries to active it ?

If I understand it right if a Covert camera gets turned off,stolen,moved to another place and turned back on I can call them and get the service shut off. Also when the camera gets turned back on it will update to a different location and show on the map and their real close to being dead on where they actually at. One of mine is off maybe 50 ft. It’s actually where the red dot is instead of where it shows it.

Attachments

• F50D2C65-93F1-4098-99E9-3B3E2A6D333F.jpeg
    F50D2C65-93F1-4098-99E9-3B3E2A6D333F.jpeg
    529.7 KB · Views: 7
  • FA715385-D00C-460C-9550-6A1102AE80A9.png
    FA715385-D00C-460C-9550-6A1102AE80A9.png
    953.4 KB · Views: 6

LTFDretired

If I understand it right if a Covert camera gets turned off,stolen,moved to another place and turned back on I can call them and get the service shut off. Also when the camera gets turned back on it will update to a different location and show on the map and their real close to being dead on where they actually at. One of mine is off maybe 50 ft. It’s actually where the red dot is instead of where it shows it.
Don’t discount my suggestion you could send a self destruct signal when the thief turns it on?

BUCKFAT

I read the new XB and SK have Gps? I think i read that you suspend the camera so its stays on your account but it will not bill you. You call them and tell them its stolen and if someone trys to activate it they can get the location.