What happened to the good 'ol days DRIVELER # 335.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Sniff, sniff...pffffffffffffffffffffft!!!! Way to keep 'er going Chiefgro !!!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
A fresh one,

well it was for two posts.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I live in those good ol` days, and practice the old ways like my Elders did. :cheers:

I do too, in my mind Nic.

I can still see it and remember it, but it's gone from here now as I hang onto the last thread of it. :cheers:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I live in those good ol` days, and practice the old ways like my Elders did. :cheers:

My 95 yr old Mom grew up with Pearl Harbor, WW2, Great Depression, my Dad and 2 Uncles were decorated vets. s
She grew up with 6 siblings on a small farm, they never lacked. Now she's really confused with all these riots etc. She's smarter/wiser than the vast membership on here.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My 95 yr old Mom grew up with Pearl Harbor, WW2, Great Depression, my Dad and 2 Uncles were decorated vets. s
She grew up with 6 siblings on a small farm, they never lacked. Now she's really confused with all these riots etc. She's smarter/wiser than the vast membership on here.

Daddy went through the Great Depression and said it didn`t affect him at all. He had his stock and seed, and trapped and sold enough otter and coon hides to sell for cash to pay the land taxes.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My Mom's Dad was in WWI and had 6 kids by the start of the depression. After studying about it in school, I asked him about living through it and he said "What depression? We was so poor then we didn't even know about it til it was over."

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Same with my grandparents on both sides, almost as it never really affected them. They came up hard anyway. I do remember my Grandmother(Dad's Mom) saying they moved to Brunswick and she went and worked in the Shipyard as a Welder. Grandaddy was a Government man(revenuer) hush yo mouth. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Raised our son the same way. So many folks want it better for their children than they had it. I didn`t. I also wasn`t his friend, I was his Daddy. I don`t think he has any regrets on his raising either, and I suspect he`ll raise his younguns the same way.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I still live my life close to the earth hunting, fishing, trapping and growing my own food for the most part. I‘m still having them good old days. It’s the majority of the population who has lost touch with reality.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I grew up as connected as anyone alive today. My life now keeps me from it but I know it. I pause in the woods and along the streams to appreciate where I came from and what nature means to mean.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The absolute most important thing my folks left me was the knowledge that they had acquired from their folks, and what they had learned from experience themselves. You can`t put a price on that.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Raised our son the same way. So many folks want it better for their children than they had it. I didn`t. I also wasn`t his friend, I was his Daddy. I don`t think he has any regrets on his raising either, and I suspect he`ll raise his younguns the same way.

Yeah, I see wayy to many nowadays that wann be their kids friend, never understood that.

They need the cold hard truth, and nothin but the truth from their Momma and Daddy.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I remember like it was yesterday when my Momma and my sister got into an argument once. I was just listening and heard my sister say to Mom, “They get all of the attention(we 3 brothers)”

I blurted out, “No we don’t, we get 75%, you get 25”. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.