What is favorite panfish dry fly or popper pattern

Bigtimber

What say you? Looking to tye a few up before spring!!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I don't tie my own,

Bream:
I have narrowed this down only two patterns. Popper, White or chart. body with black skirt. The other is the Bream killer. Black with white legs.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
My all-time favorite was the Accardo Miss Prissy. The Accardo factory burned down and the family had no plans to rebuild, but I've heard someone is making reproductions now.

In their absence, Betts panfish poppers are pretty solid. As far as panfish colors go, I've come to believe if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use. Though, Betts makes a burnt yellow that's pretty productive.

Bigtimber

My all-time favorite was the Accardo Miss Prissy. The Accardo factory burned down and the family had no plans to rebuild, but I've heard someone is making reproductions now.

In their absence, Betts panfish poppers are pretty solid. As far as panfish colors go, I've come to believe if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use. Though, Betts makes a burnt yellow that's pretty productive.

Ya the reproductions I think are these below in link. I remember the miss prissys too. The best I ever had. These are great as well....IMO just as good but dont hold up quite as well. I just like trying new stuff....I fish a few betts too. Thanks

https://breambugs.com/product/little-fatty-hot-yellow-spider-legs/

Robust Redhorse

I have to second Boogle Bugs in yellow. They are really quality poppers, have better hooks, and will outlast the ones sold in blister packs at discount stores.

BTW - the number of strikes are directly proportional to the amount of rubber legs on bluegill poppers.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Boogle Bugs and Bett`s if I`m buying. Foam spider in yellow, green, white, or olive, and black rubber legged dragon if I`m tying.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
This is right on time. I ordered me a fly rod combo today

fish hawk

Bass Master
I like the Boogle Bullets and Amnesia bugs,yella fella and solar flare are the top two colors in a #4.BeaBea bad boy bug #35 in a #8.Although not dry a slow sink rubber legged dragon #8 or a ligon bream killer in #6 is deadly over a bream bed.

swamp10

Boogle bugs are by far the best popping bugs ,that are readily available,and I'll add ,that I know of.
Some folks make great bugs,but they can only make so many and they sell all they can make.
Here are my favorite bugs made by lucky day lure co,in the mid sixties. Original prissy miss,
and a slider called Mr Jet.
These bugs have been copied and sold under different names but none have the high quality
of the original lucky day lures.View attachment 1067010View attachment 106701020210217_143603.jpg20210217_143546.jpg20210217_143635.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Boogle bugs are by far the best popping bugs ,that are readily available,and I'll add ,that I know of.
Some folks make great bugs,but they can only make so many and they sell all they can make.
Here are my favorite bugs made by lucky day lure co,in the mid sixties. Original prissy miss,
and a slider called Mr Jet.
These bugs have been copied and sold under different names but none have the high quality
of the original lucky day lures.View attachment 1067010View attachment 1067010View attachment 1067011View attachment 1067012View attachment 1067015
You are correct. A popper tie here locally in the fifties thru the seventies was called a Si Special. Was devastating in the local farm ponds and even on Sinclair. Wish I had one to copy.

Dennis

We use to use a miniature hula popper it was great for them big bream and bass and they have not made them in years either.

BriarPatch99

I can't remember the exact name ....but a popper(like swamp10 posted) ....except white with fine black stripes ....red face .... I believe I was called a "Short Pop" ....

I am glad I clicked on this post ....I got a brand new line that needs breaking in soon ....

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member