What is it made of FL point

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
No clue but it’s gourgeous. Nic or NCH’ll let ya know.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like pinhead coral to me, but I don't know FL material very well. Son can tell you much better than I can. All I know is that it's a beautiful point.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
From the photo, looks like coastal plains chert. good grade of it too.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
What county was it found?

walkinboss01

Congrats on a really nice find

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is that point a Hardee?

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Can't see any Hardee traits, such as alternate beveling or fine serrations. More of a Marion maybe.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here is a Hardee plain, no beveling

Attachments

• Harhar.jpg
    Harhar.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 24

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Long Marion with the round stem

Attachments

• chert marion.jpg
    chert marion.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 16

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
If his point is raw chert, could be a Kirk, there are Kirks with that shape.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Son, nice bug in your avatar. What model Vibroplex? Lightning?
73 de NN4CW

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Vibroplex original, chrome, name engraved. Nr 229137, bought it while in Morocco.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm just an old fast code guy, even my trucks license plate has DIT on it. lol ...still have it hooked up to an oscillator because I enjoy playing with it now and then. Once you know Morse code, you never forget it. That bug worked at a major communications station in Morocco 61-62, working ship/shore for the fleet. Then again on the USS Intrepid CVS-11, and aircraft carrier 62-64. Obsolete these days, sort like us old dudes.

Attachments

• 246937_1569304412292_4130305_n (1).jpg
    246937_1569304412292_4130305_n (1).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 29

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've found a few points of that same stone from Citrus co, over near 480 think that's the road. Been many years. Used to know a few sites around old sink holes that a game warden showed me in the early 70's.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Family members have told stories of finding points around the caves in the management area many years ago. Before everything was illegal. Said they would come from Homosassa to have picknicks at several of the caves. Last time there, some of the caves had caved in. Family was akin to Paul and Flossy Noble who lived at gate 2 of the Citrus management area. To the Cato's and Fulfords in Homosassa. We used to go there around Thanksgiving to make syrup. It was a big time for all and plenty to eat.