What is the Best 10 mm to buy?

frankwright

I don't know about the S&W. They are making a new 10mm revolver.
I see the 1006 10mm Auto on Gunbroker for $800-1200.
It was only produced for a few years and maybe 50,000 production.
Was supposed to be for FBI but never worked out but was a nice looking gun!

Reactions: Dub

308-MIKE

I was at cabelas in Woodstock a couple weeks ago and in a room back by the firearms they had several Dan Wesson bruins 10mm's for what seemed pretty reasonable prices for DW's. Can't recall now how much they were, but I remember they weren't going for what their listing online are.

pacecars

A S&W 610 is catching my eye.....only since I’ll be loading 10mm already....and it would also give me something to shoot remaining .40s&w ammo in. (y)

I do love the 610. I haven't tried one of the new ones yet, all mine were pre-locks but i haven't had any problems with any of the guns with the locks i have had so they should be good to go. I am still hoping they will put the 10mm in the 69 platform with a 5 shot cylinder and a 5 inch barrel. It would stand up to heavy loads easily. If they make it the 10mm Magnum even more better

Dub

I do love the 610. I haven't tried one of the new ones yet, all mine were pre-locks but i haven't had any problems with any of the guns with the locks i have had so they should be good to go. I am still hoping they will put the 10mm in the 69 platform with a 5 shot cylinder and a 5 inch barrel. It would stand up to heavy loads easily. If they make it the 10mm Magnum even more better

An N-frame in .45acp would really be my preference....but the 610 has some appeal. It'll be able to make use of the .40s&w brass I have.

I can't stand the internal locks & the idiocy behind them. They are more than an eyesore to me. Can't believe S&W caved in and added such stupidity to their wheel guns....which typically have very nice triggers and nice overall feel & appearance (in my opinion).

Any gun I get that has one of those abominations in it will be function checked over a few range sessions & then the lock pieces will be removed and a stainless insert be added to cover the infernal lock hole.

The legal script that they insist on putting on their guns is a major detractor to the appearance over their older guns...and ruins the appearance of their 1911's.

Ruger does it, too....but at least it's in a slightly more subdued method.

pacecars

Totally agree on that. If you have to be reminded or warned on the barrel maybe you don’t need a gun. I am waiting for “bullet comes out this end” on the gun with an arrow

rosewood

Have u looked at the ruger gp100 in 10mm? That one is sharp and I have considered it. Cheaper than the 610 to boot.

pacecars

Not sure about the factory GP100s are but the one I had converted to 10mm by David Clements was spectacular. 3A00C3B2-4DA9-4E1A-9C9D-E43C22D98746.jpeg

Dub

Have u looked at the ruger gp100 in 10mm? That one is sharp and I have considered it. Cheaper than the 610 to boot.

GP100 is on my wish list for certain.

Huge respect for them.

I‘m a dummy for waiting so long to add a couple revolvers that I’d use.

Availability of gun $$$ at the time weapons were in stock is a scattered affair. :rofl:

Was able to snare a new in-stock 610 on layaway yesterday. 4” model.

(Not my picture)
2DBC1DC2-D154-4782-9DE6-5CFF52FAE905.jpeg

Not sure about the factory GP100s are but the one I had converted to 10mm by David Clements was spectacular. View attachment 1069445

Sweet !!!!

A happy 620 with VZ Grips and no “Hillary Hole”View attachment 1069446

Great gun !!!

Super pic. USA for certain.

I need to source some moonclips for the 610.

pacecars

Nice gun Dub! I still have this strange desire to get a new Colt Python and have it rechambered to 10mm