What is the name of this part,

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
and or how can I fix it. It’s part of an old single shot goose gun I’m tinkering on. Or does anyone know where I might purchase this part. Best I can do on the brand of shotgun right now is it has “Goose Gun” stamped on the 36” barrel.D13D3EAA-F308-41A3-8F0F-5530FEE8D587.jpeg

Gaswamp

what was the name of the part

fireman32

It’s a Crescent Arms, Faultless Goose Gun. 36” barrel. My late pa in laws, and it’s in really rough shape. So I figured I’d spend a bunch of time and effort on a $50.00 gun.

Gaswamp

Only goose gun I knew about was marlin

earlthegoat2

Crescent was in business around and a little after the turn of the century.

Marlin made their goose gun starting in the early 60s It was a bolt action repeater and the Crescent is a break open single shot.

fireman32

Seems the old part had broken and someone tapped it to make it work. Over the years it had worn down. The new/used part still has the original rod holding it together. Had to clean it up a bit, but the action now locks up tight. Time to clean everything and think about what kind of finish I want to try on all of the parts.C874A2F1-302F-430A-BF9D-B12DDD891438.png

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Seems the old part had broken and someone tapped it to make it work. Over the years it had worn down. The new/used part still has the original rod holding it together. Had to clean it up a bit, but the action now locks up tight. Time to clean everything and think about what kind of finish I want to try on all of the parts.View attachment 1229056
May not be worth much now...but it'll be worth the world to which ever of your boys wins the mud wraslin match to earn it.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
May not be worth much now...but it'll be worth the world to which ever of your boys wins the mud wraslin match to earn it.
As a P.S. I'd pay money to watch that one.

rosewood

It’s a Crescent Arms, Faultless Goose Gun. 36” barrel. My late pa in laws, and it’s in really rough shape. So I figured I’d spend a bunch of time and effort on a $50.00 gun.
Sometimes it is just the challenge of getting something back in working order. Very satisfying. Now once you get it working, you gotta kill something with it in honor of your pa-in-law.

I have 2 1911s I built off of slides (one Colt and a Remington Rand) my late pa-in-law gave me, wouldn't trade them for the world.

Rosewood