What is the name of this plant?

Ga-Spur

This plant grows to 10 feet tall ; but most are under 6 feet. What are they called?

Attachments

• first deer 037.jpg
    first deer 037.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 268

Ga-Spur

This is one of the biggest of this type I have ever seen.

Attachments

• first deer 014.jpg
    first deer 014.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 269

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
WOW Ga-Spur .......

once you figured out the pics there is no stopping you ::ke: ;)

Just kidding of course keep them comming they look great :clap:

leo

Ga-Spur

Thank you for your help. I have never had a reason to post a picture. I have to get some practice in so I will remember how to do it. :)

Al33

Ga-Spur,

Just so you'll know, I looked but do not know the answer. Great pics!

Al :)

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
I don't know the Plant's name but --- do you do Weddings?? :D

That's some great photography!!! :clap:

JBowers

It is likely the most preferred native food of deer. Probably why it is not as abundant as it used to be - ecologically too many deer!

It is Strawberry Bush or Euonymus Americana (spelling may be off, its been a looooonnnnnggggg time). I have 4 healthy plants in my yard. I seldom see it in the "deer woods" eventhough I do have a cognizant eye out for them.

Great photos!

Ga-Spur

JBowers, thanks so much. That was the correct spelling . I had called it several names. There is a lot of information on the net once you have the correct name. Thanks once again.

rip18

Almost correct spelling...

Good job, John! Actually the ending of the specific epithet is spelled a little differently...

Euonymus americanus

One of the other common names is "hearts a burstin" or "hearts a burstin' with love"

Great pics!

Ga-Spur

I suppose it depends on which spelling you like the feminine americana or the masculine americanus.