What is the one "newer" Cartridge that you thought was cool but did not quite catch on?

Doog

I have the stainless one in 6.5×55 Swede. I love those full stock rifles.

I guess that keeps the Steyr heritage completely intact. LOL

I love the look too but don't own one. Almost bought a 10/22 International on gunbroker around Christmas but it got too rich...

GregoryB.

I guess that keeps the Steyr heritage completely intact. LOL

I love the look too but don't own one. Almost bought a 10/22 International on gunbroker around Christmas but it got too rich...
I have the black laminate and blue in that 10/22. I guess that full stock just appeals to me. Have about 7 of them.

GregoryB.

Prices have definitely jumped in the last few years. Pandemic prices are even worse. I want a 77 RSI in 7-08 but they are north of 2K when you can find one now. Watched one set for about 8 months at $1700 a few years ago now that seems like a good deal.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
That is a sweet Ruger. They've had a Mannlicher-style stainless No. 1 on the website in .257 Roberts (a cool old round!) for a while that is on my "if I won the lottery" list.

https://ruger.com/products/no1/specSheets/21318.html
Prepandemic I seen this very rifle at 2500 i think it was.
28 take 25. Stainless ruger#1 in limited edition 257 roberts only 1500 made new in box.
I asked “do ya got a used scratched blue one I can hold?”

Mattval

I have one of these calibers and again, I forgot about it.
300 Savage!!! I am a fan of obscurity I guess. I have a Remington Model 81 in 300 Savage. 300 Savage used to be popular. The 308 win come along and it was over. I got it because I loved the rifle. But I really love the cartridge more now. I may sell it and buy a nice bolt action in 300 Savage.

SC Hunter

220 swift is one of my favorite small calibers. That little bullet is rough on anything it hits.

The 22 hornet I had that I traded off was a very fun little rifle to shoot and fairly accurate but you just don't see many of them.

As has already been said the 6mm and 260's are both fun little cartridges to play with.

killerv

Had a Remington Mtn rifle once upon a time in .257 Roberts. Traded it. Please kick me in the pants..

There was one posted on another site recently in great condition. I think he underpriced it at 1200, it sold really fast. I would have loved to have had it but I think I'm gonna go the kimber route with the 257, I know they arent known for accuracy, but kimbers select rifles sure are purty and I'm sure accurate enough.

243SuperRC

Early 2000’s ”Short Magnums“ were the rage. Found a Winchester M70 Coyote in 300 WSM at the Sports Center in Perry that I had to have. It had a SS light varmint barrel and laminated stock. It worked great hunting from a box stand looking down a long right-a-way in planted pines. It was my primary deer rifle for 6 or more years. The only negative was the weight of the rifle, probably close to 10 lbs with a scope.

Several years ago, a good friend had a Remington M673 in 6.5 Rem Mag that he was going to let go. I already had his dies and components in my possession for reloading his rifle. I didn’t need another deer rifle, but I had always liked the looks and feel of the M673. I ended up selling my M70 Coyote to make room for the M673. I have had no regrets, love the M673 in 6.5 Rem Mag.

SC Hunter

@243SuperRC I have owned 2 different 300 WSM rifles both Model 70's and loved both of them. I hate I sold the first one it shot really good and killed anything I ever shot at with it.