What kind of rings are these.

Dr. Strangelove

Yep, Ruger.

rosewood

Mini14 are same height front and back.

Definitely ruger rings.

rosewood

Ruger rings are not cheap. Hang on to them for trade.

Stroker

Ruger M77 rings. Without seeing the top part of the ring it could be Ruger rings or Luepold rings made to fit the M77. I've got several sets of the Luepold rings on my M77's but the Ruger rings are my preference, their better made and stronger. Need a set of high's now for a new scope set up.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Look just like the ones on my 77.They're rock solid.

rosewood

I had not considered they could be aftermarket. I revise my statement. Those are Ruger "style" rings, made to fit a Ruger with Ruger "style" mounts. :)

My mini-14 rings had the slotted screws on them and they always seemed hard to work with and had screwdriver slipping (likely operator using wrong fitting bit)..... Anyway, I just upgraded them with screws from Ace that are hex cap screws. Should mitigate any future issues.

Rosewood

not on the rimfires and I believe the No1 also, someone mentioned the minis too

You're right on the 77/22 action. That one also has the curious issue of needing high enough rings for the bolt handle to clear the eyepiece not so much the other end.

And I think you're right on the others as well.

Stroker

I had not considered they could be aftermarket. I revise my statement. Those are Ruger "style" rings, made to fit a Ruger with Ruger "style" mounts. :)

My mini-14 rings had the slotted screws on them and they always seemed hard to work with and had screwdriver slipping (likely operator using wrong fitting bit)..... Anyway, I just upgraded them with screws from Ace that are hex cap screws. Should mitigate any future issues.

Rosewood

I modified a odd flat tip screwdriver just to fit the screws that mount the rings to action. The Luepold rings use the torx head screws which I do prefer.

rosewood

I modified a odd flat tip screwdriver just to fit the screws that mount the rings to action. The Luepold rings use the torx head screws which I do prefer.
Well, I have a gunsmith bit set now that has one for every size screw, didn't have it when I boogered up the screws years ago.

Oh, and couldn't find a torx head to fit the ruger. They are the Weaver Oval head type in 6-40 I believe.

Been looking for 2 screws for a Sig Sauer scope rings, they are torx Fillister head, 6-32. Can't find them anywhere. I did find a bag of like 3000 on Ebay that are are stainless and more than a set of rings, so haven't ordered yet....Sig sent me a new set of rings when I asked for screws, still have a set of rings that needs screws.....

Rosewood

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
And. You can use a Remington choke tube wrench on authentic Ruger rings.

PS.. I have a 1" and 30MM lap I could loan out.

Stroker

Well, I have a gunsmith bit set now that has one for every size screw, didn't have it when I boogered up the screws years ago.

Rosewood
Yep, I've boogered up a few myself, had the old odd big screwdriver so it got the grinder treatment. It works great for the big screws on the Weaver rings as well. Got a set of the gunsmith bits as well, but that old screwdriver is easy to find, and I know exactly what it's made to fit.