What kind os scat?

kmaxwell3

I found this on edge of Beaver swamp we have been trapping. It's about the size of a large peanut. Any ideas? Mink, Muskrat?

Attachments

• 20210112_195358.jpg
    20210112_195358.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 53

Doug B.

Looks like muskrat. Set a #1 or 1 1/2 just under the water with an apple or carrot on a stick in a run and you should have one in the first or second night.

kmaxwell3

Looks like muskrat. Set a #1 or 1 1/2 just under the water with an apple or carrot on a stick in a run and you should have one in the first or second night.
Going to try it. I googled it and Muskrat scat in picture looked very similar.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Use the meat to make a pocket set for mink while you’re at it

kmaxwell3

Set some 110's and #1 traps around the muskrat scat we found. Not sure where they are living? I can only find big holes under water that I assume are made by Beaver? But the scat is all over the logs floating in the Beaver pond above the dam.

Doug B.

They will have bank dens like beaver do except smaller. You can usually tell it is a den cause the channel going to it will have a hard bottom as opposed the the soft bottom everywhere else. If you put the #1's close to the bank just under the water with the piece of apple or carrot on a stick stuck in the bank and maybe 6 or eight inches above the trap close to the sign you found you should do good. They are not too hard to catch.