What late-season hunting boots are you guys wearing?

CroMagnum

Alright! My new Lacrosse Atlas 400g insulated boots arrived and I took them out on a quick 3 mile trek through the woods looking for squirrels yesterday and my initial impression is these are a very good value! Full disclosure, I got them from Camofire a couple weeks ago for only $69 so not much risk was involved. I was initially concerned that the toe box on the right boot felt a little tight compared to the left boot and compared to how my boots usually fit. After the first half mile or so I did not notice this being an issue so maybe they just needed to be broken in just a bit. The laces are plenty long for an 8 inch boot and the water proofing stood up to a couple creek crossings just to see how they would handle some water. Traction was good stepping on wet logs, moss coverd rocks and, tree branches. Even plodded through thick mud and the traction held and also released the mud pretty quickly without me having to dig it out or hit my foot against a tree to shake it free. Yesterday was only in the upper 40's where I was so I was more concerned about my feet getting hot rather than keeping warm this trip. My mid-weight merino wool socks provided good temperature control. The only down side of these boots so far is the insole. While not as hard as the insole on my Lacrosse snakeboots, I can see a replacement with some Dr Schol's or Superfeet green in my near term future. If you can find these for a bargin like I did, I wholly recommend the Lacrosse Atlas 400g waterproof hunting boot. At full price (apprx $130) I'd still consider them good for my purposes though they might not provide enough ankle support for you mountain dwellers. Lightweight, waterproof, warm and rugged enough. Durability remains to be seen but I'll let you know of any issues.

Git you some!

GeorgiaGlockMan

I couldn'tagree more. In fact, it's time to order more now. Thanks for the reminder. Question: have you ever used the body warmers?
Body warmers are great.

I've had 1 over each kidney, 1 on my chest, a couple of hand warmers in each bdu pocket.

Add toe warmers and a mad bomber hat and you are good to 0F or colder.

I keep a case of toe, hand, foot and body warmers at the ready too.

CroMagnum

Body warmers are great.

I've had 1 over each kidney, 1 on my chest, a couple of hand warmers in each bdu pocket.

Add toe warmers and a mad bomber hat and you are good to 0F or colder.

I keep a case of toe, hand, foot and body warmers at the ready too.
I just ordered the variety pack on Amazon. May need them this weekend