What makes public land so dangerous ?????

Hillbilly stalker

Guys like these shooting .22 lr, dumping numberous mags on FLAT public land (1700 acres) shooting down open roads spraying and praying. I heard these guys shooting while I was squirrel hunting and actually spoke with them one day. Paint ballers with rifles. No way I would be around them. Covering their buddies with their barrels like that.facepalm:

Hillbilly stalker

And I just was reading in the turkey forum someone wanting to crawl around behind a fan on public land ?
This year South Carolina made that ILLEGAL on public land. It's hard to fix stupid, but their trying. These guys had another video where I counted 62 shots (I'm sure I lost count) on a hog running at what they said was 100 yards. It was awful, I'm hoping they took that video down. Guys like these are the reason I wear an orange hat even tho not required. It MAY help.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
NOOOO your TARGET.
Thats the worst case pair of shooting videos I’ve ever watched on an animal other than human.
Just because its hogs doesn’t really mean :biggestshoot:
It means :shoot: because your brother is always out there with you.
Period!

Wayne D Davis

Knowing what's beyond your target is just as important as knowing your target. That's crazy. After a few accidental deaths this will end. If there's no dirt behind your target you shouldn't pull the trigger PERIOD!

transfixer

I know there is some decent hunting on various wma's around the state, but I quit hunting public land years ago, after someone I knew got shot through the leg on a muzzleloader hunt, the shooter ran away, leaving him to fend for himself, luckily it didn't hit his femoral artery, or he wouldn't have made it. And this was on a check in hunt, too many unknown idiots on public land for me. Those willing to risk it can have it.

Hillbilly stalker

I have shown the video to the local GW, took pictures of their vehicles including license plate numbers, and left explicit instructions with my wife in case something happens. You think this is bad, you should hear them with their silenced AR's during Big game season.....same thing , I've got behind some of them big cypress trees before. GW said he would have to catch them in the act...which I understand...to prosecute them.

Wayne D Davis

I've been strictly public for over two decades and never have ran into this kind of problem. When I'm on a gun hunt 99% of the time I'm 30 foot up a tree. I'd say 75% I'm in a tree on archery only public. Not just for the upper advantage but for safety. I'd NOT shoot at a running animal unless I could see beyond the animal.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dang y’all I was gonna come on here and say it ain’t.....the dangerous part. I didn’t even have to watch those nimrods to get a good enough idea of how stupid they must have acted. I personally have never had such bad luck as to run into some superidjut. Tuesday and Wednesday are way different than the weekends.

Hillbilly stalker

I've seen them there in the middle of the week several times. On this WMA the state allows 1 month of archery, 1 month of center fire , and 2 months of small game. In March they allow 1 week , 6 days, of center fire for hogs. But yet they scream what a hog problem we have. Gov. at work.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I went ahead and watched em...I don’t know where they were though. Was this public land? Hillbillystalker I ain’t too sure about all the fuss. I may not have thought the rd shots were a great idea, but they were laying the smack down on a bunch of pigs! I’d think most folks would appreciate it. I’d love to be out there dropping them like flies with my AR 15 and a 30 rd mag. If you live on flat land you’ll hunt flat land.
I agree 100% knowing what’s beyond your target before you shoot, but most of the shots I watched were legit, and the thermal is always awesome and probably as safe as you can get.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I went ahead and watched em...I don’t know where they were though. Was this public land? Hillbillystalker I ain’t too sure about all the fuss. I may not have thought the rd shots were a great idea, but they were laying the smack down on a bunch of pigs! I’d think most folks would appreciate it. I’d love to be out there dropping them like flies with my AR 15 and a 30 rd mag. If you live on flat land you’ll hunt flat land.
I agree 100% knowing what’s beyond your target before you shoot, but most of the shots I watched were legit, and the thermal is always awesome and probably as safe as you can get.
How many shots in those two videos were aimed shots?
It appeared the scope was on. The shooter not so much.facepalm:
Thats the first rule in hunting my father taught me NOT to ever do!

Wayne D Davis

That daytime shooting clip while the pig was running thru thick brush doesn't bother you? I hide in bushes while hunting

Latest posts