What non-game critter makes you smile?

Cmp1

BANNED
Yeah, seems like there's always a woodpecker of some kind around. I've got a a little downy that keeps me company in one stand and a yellow bellied sap sucker in another. Love it when a big 'ol piliated swoops in!
No mistaking the sound of a pilleated on takeoff,,,,I've got a interesting Pic,if I can find it,,,,

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Raptors and woodpeckers. Also all the non-game birds around my feeders.

oldguy

Couple a' years back while taking my birdwatching brother rambling on a local farm he spotted two young piliateds with their heads poked out of a cavity high in a pine tree. Woulda' made a great picture but alas and alack - no camera!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Old mocking bird yesterday singing on the line I just stopped and listen lil'feller was giving it a fit...made me smile

Those things terrorized our barn cat. I’ve seen the ole cat mad and try to catch them on the wing.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Owls fascinate me! I also love to hear crows. The sound takes me back to south GA when I was a kid and learning to deer hunt.
Really all Gods critters are awesome ... With the exception of humans! We sure can screw up the forest with all are marvelous inventions!

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
The Great Horned Owl is my favorite bird, the close second is a Blue Bird. I love hearing two owls talking to each other down in a hardwood bottom. And the Blue Bird just has a pureness in his call.
I also enjoy the honey bee, I even have a few hives of them on the yard. I enjoy most all critters around here, except crows.

Cmp1

BANNED
The Great Horned Owl is my favorite bird, the close second is a Blue Bird. I love hearing two owls talking to each other down in a hardwood bottom. And the Blue Bird just has a pureness in his call.
I also enjoy the honey bee, I even have a few hives of them on the yard. I enjoy most all critters around here, except crows.
There's a great Doc on npr on how smart crows are,,,,

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I smile at seeing most animals. But I definitely don’t like crows, armadillos or fire ants(insect I know)

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Wrens. They`re pure entertainment.

I love watching every critter and bird out there, and enjoy their company more than 99% of the human race.
We've got a Carolina wren that built a nest in an old flower pot on our covered porch. She's hatched the eggs now. There was 2 of them out there yesterday going back and forth to the nest. Do the males help raise the babies?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
We've got a Carolina wren that built a nest in an old flower pot on our covered porch. She's hatched the eggs now. There was 2 of them out there yesterday going back and forth to the nest. Do the males help raise the babies?

Yes, they do.