What the Heck - You Talking About A Hand Cannon

Nimrod71

I just read on Time Computer News article an Asian lady just bought a Springfield 40 mm hand gun. And the article stated the woman was afraid of guns. Now that is a heck of a gun, 40 mm I remember is for Anti-Aircraft and grenade launchers. I don't think I want to mess with her.

Dub

That’s pretty sporty.

Like a 10mm….but in 40mm.

Springfield better watch out.

The folks at Smiff & Wesson gonna roll out the 88magnum on ‘em.

The lady handling that 40mm has my respect.

Nimrod71

I think it was Biden that came out with the AR-14.

It's amazing to listen to Non-gun owners talking about weapons. I can't get over people coming in the LGS and asking for an automatic revolver.

Speaking of, this past weekend a number of young men came in the LGS asking about 18 yr. olds buying hand guns.

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
Speaking of, this past weekend a number of young men came in the LGS asking about 18 yr. olds buying hand guns.

I know they overturned the 21 yo thing...but don't gun shops have to wait for the ATF to notify them before they can sell them?

Nimrod71

I think the 21 year old age limit is set by the state. I am not in favor of lowing the age limit. I know most may disagree with me but I remember how I was at that age. Kind of like the reason they don't give 14 year olds divers licenses.

I know the argument if we are old enough to be in service and vote we should be able to own a hand gun. I recently read where most shootings were from the 15 to 25 age group.

Saturday a young man told me he was old enough to join the Army so why couldn't he buy a hand gun. He ask what my thoughts about 18 yr. olds and I told him I didn't have a problem with and 18 yr. old who has joined the Army owning a handgun. He ask why and I told him if he was in the Army he would be taught how to handle a weapon and the responsibilities that go along with owning one.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
157 caliber is pretty impressive for a pistol. :) That's over twice the bore caliber of a ten-gauge.

georgia_home

I’d be willing to bet on a 40 cal, vs mm.

probably written by someone who only knew 9 mm, and assumed every number on projectile size was mm, not knowing about cal’s

maybe a another clueless expert.

I just read on Time Computer News article an Asian lady just bought a Springfield 40 mm hand gun. And the article stated the woman was afraid of guns. Now that is a heck of a gun, 40 mm I remember is for Anti-Aircraft and grenade launchers. I don't think I want to mess with her.

pacecars

I think it was Biden that came out with the AR-14.

It's amazing to listen to Non-gun owners talking about weapons. I can't get over people coming in the LGS and asking for an automatic revolver.

I would like a Webley-Fosbury automatic revolver. Expensive if you can find one

bobbyboy

I think the 21 year old age limit is set by the state. I am not in favor of lowing the age limit. I know most may disagree with me but I remember how I was at that age. Kind of like the reason they don't give 14 year olds divers licenses.

I know the argument if we are old enough to be in service and vote we should be able to own a hand gun. I recently read where most shootings were from the 15 to 25 age group.

Saturday a young man told me he was old enough to join the Army so why couldn't he buy a hand gun. He ask what my thoughts about 18 yr. olds and I told him I didn't have a problem with and 18 yr. old who has joined the Army owning a handgun. He ask why and I told him if he was in the Army he would be taught how to handle a weapon and the responsibilities that go along with owning one.

Doog

Now that is a heck of a gun, 40 mm I remember is for Anti-Aircraft and grenade launchers.

Palmetto screwed up their ammo page header a few months back and put 45mm in place of 45 ACP. I was going to take a screen shot to let everyone know they could get their arty rounds there now, but they fixed it before I got to it. :ROFLMAO:

Nimrod71

We all make mistakes and as been said about Biden, miss spoke. But I had a professional job at one time and as a reloader we must be professional as well.

I have never thought of reloaders as professionals until now. I know a different perception. As a reloader we are engaged in the manufacturing of ammunition. We cannot afford to make mistakes, a single simple mistake could cause a life and death event. We must work with our full attention on what we are doing. Whatever and I'll let someone else fix the problem will not work in reloading, someone may die.

Therefore, I said this to say News reporting agents and companies should be held to as high a standards as we reloaders must me held. We as reloaders check and double check our operations to make sure it is correct. To the uninformed, the News can kill and maim too when they report things without checking the facts first and making sure they are correct.

Dub

We all make mistakes and as been said about Biden, miss spoke. But I had a professional job at one time and as a reloader we must be professional as well.

I have never thought of reloaders as professionals until now. I know a different perception. As a reloader we are engaged in the manufacturing of ammunition. We cannot afford to make mistakes, a single simple mistake could cause a life and death event. We must work with our full attention on what we are doing. Whatever and I'll let someone else fix the problem will not work in reloading, someone may die.

Therefore, I said this to say News reporting agents and companies should be held to as high a standards as we reloaders must me held. We as reloaders check and double check our operations to make sure it is correct. To the uninformed, the News can kill and maim too when they report things without checking the facts first and making sure they are correct.

Absolute total agreement with every point you made. (y)

GunnSmokeer

The Woman who is reported to carry a 40 mm pistol is one end of the spectrum.

On the other end, we have a lot of guys (even members of gun chat forums on the Internet) who seem to know a lot about guns and tell the world that they carry a handgun the fires .9 mm bullets-- that is to say 9/10 of one millimeter.

ChidJ

40mm handgun, totally reasonable

balwin19-40mm-left.jpg

You can get ammo in signal flare, marking chalk, or of course, explosive varieties haha