What would you buy?

Buzz

You are getting some great advice but do remember as a couple of others have hinted - credit cards when used PROPERLY can build up your credit rating. You are young and you most likely do not have much credit established at this point. If (and I stress IF) you can manage your credit cards as just an extension of your checking accounts, you will be fine and it will drastically improve your credit rating. However, just do not fall into the trap of thinking they are GIVING you money to spend that you will eventually pay back. If you treat your card that way, that $500 worth of equipment will get very expensive.

I pay everything I can by credit card with a Bass Pro Visa and a Discover Card. I get cash back on the Discover Card and I get BPS rewards on purchases with my Visa card. For me it is a no brainer because I pay it off every month and the cash back and rewards are "free money" for purchases, expenditures, and bills that I have to pay anyway.

Nugefan

let me chime in too...
if you ain't got the money , you can't afford it... :whip: ::ke:

most others have gave great advice also...
just don't let that thing burn a hole in your pocket...

HeadHunter

thanks for all the advice..I'll probably just buy one thing on it and pay it off when the bill comes in and then get something else. Just trying to get some things for deer season along with building my credit.

Buzz

HeadHunter said:
thanks for all the advice..I'll probably just buy one thing on it and pay it off when the bill comes in and then get something else. Just trying to get some things for deer season along with building my credit.

Bingo - that IS what you should do when you use a credit card!

ryanwhit

HeadHunter said:

Yep, you got it!! As long as you have the cash in the bank to cover your expenses on the card, you'll be ok!! ;)