What'll they come up with next? Check out the Bow Bug!

Jasper

I apologize if this has been already posted here.

There's a company that introduced an electronic game tracker at the ATA that fits under the broadhead and attaches itself to the deer or animal when hit. You then follow the signal with a hand held receiver.

Man, I don't know. What do you guys think?

http://www.northamericanst.com/bowbug.htm

QuakerBoy

my thoughts exactly ML

unless it is supposed to fall off inside the animal ::huh:

Jasper

Not a whole lot of details on their website, but supposedly it somehow comes off the shaft and attaches itself on or in the animal so it wouldn't matter if you had a pass through.

Slug-Gunner

Doesn't Come Off in Animal!

I went to the web site and read all the info they had posted on it. It fits or screws onto the arrow shaft between the broadhead and the ferrel, and therefore WOULDN'T COME OFF INSIDE THE ANIMAL. If you have a complete pass-thru, it would help you find your arrow; otherwise you're right back to square one in tracking the blood trail to find it. It would only work if the arrowhead tip of the arrow remained in the animal, which doesn't happen that often, but does happen. If you only got a partial pass-thru with the arrow tip protruding out the other side, it would probably get sheared off from the animal running thru any brush (just like it happens now when it BREAKS THE ARROW).

I couldn't find the price, but I guess it aint cheap.... probably around $200+.

:rolleyes: :confused: ::huh: :speechles :banginghe

reylamb

I have seen 2 versions.

1 has a small hook that catches on the hide and implants itself on the deer.

The other has hooks that prevent the arrow from getting a complete passthrough.

reylamb

Supposedly, th model with the bug that detaches, it does not limit penetration. I do not know, I have never shot one. I do know the entire point of the other unit is to prevent passthroughs for whatever dumb reason. Their thinking of course that you do not need a blood trail if you have an electronic tracker.

TOW

That is not legal Indiana. We can not us any electronic tracking devices at all.

A good dog on a eash is OK though..

reylamb

I am not sure how many states it would be legal in. Heck, it may even fail the GA law of electronic devices in the pursuit of game......

Hey TOW, do at least get an atta boy for my newest topic???????

TOW

reylamb said:
I am not sure how many states it would be legal in. Heck, it may even fail the GA law of electronic devices in the pursuit of game......

Hey TOW, do at least get an atta boy for my newest topic???????

ATTA BOY!!

:yeah:

Be patient as it will probably take a little time for the crossbow folks to come out of the woodwork and shoot a 3D course.

Most probably just bought a crossbow to hunt with and not target shoot. Hopefully a lot of them fell in love with their crossbow and would want to shoot it year round..

I applaud you/your club and do hope that everything goes very well for you guys. No matter what the particpants are shooting.

Glenn

I will stick to blood tracking and a dog if need be. I don't want anything electronic on my bow, just does not seem right.

But this was at least a good topic and I thank you for bringing it up. At least it was not about corn or limits ::gone: