Whats goin on with the Grantville triple murder case from last year?

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Last I read was arraignment for the murderer was pushed into April because the courts calendar was too full and I can't find any info regarding the case since.

specialk

Last I read was arraignment for the murderer was pushed into April because the courts calendar was too full and I can't find any info regarding the case since.

unfortunately these type cases move really slow...i did see where the family has started a scholarship fund in the youngsters name though....

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
It’s probably going to be a while before any trial, if one happens

I’ll be surprised if they don’t plea him out

oldfella1962

So many murders I had to google this one to refresh my memory. The randomness was pretty shocking that's for sure.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
It’s probably going to be a while before any trial, if one happens

I’ll be surprised if they don’t plea him out
Really?!?!? What makes you think he'll get a plea deal? Do you think someone else was involved and the DA tryin to get him to roll on them or they gonna give him 3 life sentences for pleading guilty?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Really?!?!? What makes you think he'll get a plea deal? Do you think someone else was involved and the DA tryin to get him to roll on them or they gonna give him 3 life sentences for pleading guilty?
Past experience with the DA’s office. I’ll be shell shocked if they go for the death penalty

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I hope the DA is relentless in seeking the death penalty in this case.
While I don’t disagree—There is no one currently on death row from this judicial circuit. I don’t remember a death penalty case in my adult lifetime from here.

Lindseys Grandpa

While I don’t disagree—There is no one currently on death row from this judicial circuit. I don’t remember a death penalty case in my adult lifetime from here.
We had a couple and both were overturned . One I was involved in the Supreme Court changed rules on striking jurors years after trial and made it retroactive and it was overturned because DA couldn't remember why he struck one juror . Frustrating thing was guy never denied what he done and made a full confession night of arrest .

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We had a couple and both were overturned . One I was involved in the Supreme Court changed rules on striking jurors years after trial and made it retroactive and it was overturned because DA couldn't remember why he struck one juror . Frustrating thing was guy never denied what he done and made a full confession night of arrest .
I’m so glad his rights were protected. Makes me feel like a true American.

oldfella1962

:mad:

oldfella1962

I’m so glad his rights were protected. Makes me feel like a true American.
Sad that one act of incompetence can get a slam-dunk conviction overturned and nobody is held accountable. Worse yet is senile judges who repeatedly mess up.

dslc6487

Senseless act that took 3 lives; the elderly owner of the shop, his wife, and his grandson.... all were well loved by their community and highly respected. It is beyond my comprehension why someone could commit such a senseless act.....I cannot print my thougts on his sentence...probably be banned from forum, or, even worse, be targeted by the present political administration.......