What's next for Stetson?

James12

NIL money does not come from the school, so it has nothing to do with tuition, state funding, or the money that you apparently paid for you, your wife, daughter, or whoever it was to be a special ed teacher. No different than the fact that the money Gronk gets to do those stupid USAA commercial doesn’t come from the Pats or Bucs. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad that the government and “guaranteed“ government backed students loans, which created a system where a person could take out tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a degree that had little to no chance of producing an income that could realistically pay it back. Two minutes and a few clicks on the internet will show what a graduate with a certain degree can expect to make. If you are going to be a teacher, that is great. I think it is a calling for a lot of people and should be admired, but you are going to make the same amount whether you went to Vanderbilt or the local community college. An “ expensive”degree is no better than a “cheap” one you didn’t need to go into debt to get. If you go into tons of debt to get a education degree from a private school, that is your fault and has nothing to do with Stetsons Bennet getting NIL money from the local Raisin Canes.

Ha! Edumacation there!

I was in no way insinuating that we believe the school pays for NIL. Rather, I was simply speaking hypothetically and fun forum talk. But, as it relates to the degrees and who gets or does what, skin it how one chooses, these state institutions are charging way too much for a degree. An example would be the same degree 30 years ago and it’s increase in cost today, has not reflected the same increase in compensation for the degree holder.

BamaGeorgialine

He said, “The media burned us up. They said we couldn’t do it. I mean they burned us up. On and on doubting us. Screw it, we’ve got two rings.”
The media loved the Dawgs this year. They were number one almost all year. I think Kirby had that planted in his head. Which was great I think. He did what a good coach does and had them believing. Especially trying to repeat. I bet Ol Kirby was loving hearing that. I would have. Kirby did an amazing job this year

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The media loved the Dawgs this year. They were number one almost all year. I think Kirby had that planted in his head. Which was great I think. He did what a good coach does and had them believing. Especially trying to repeat. I bet Ol Kirby was loving hearing that. I would have. Kirby did an amazing job this year
I don’t know how much they loved them. Maybe they did. I think you’re spot on about the rest.

across the river

Ha! Edumacation there!

I was in no way insinuating that we believe the school pays for NIL. Rather, I was simply speaking hypothetically and fun forum talk. But, as it relates to the degrees and who gets or does what, skin it how one chooses, these state institutions are charging way too much for a degree. An example would be the same degree 30 years ago and its increase in cost today, has not reflected the same increase in compensation for the degree holder.
It depends on the degree. Some are worth it some are not. The problem is you can get a loan for both, and supply and demand drives price. There is no way an art history degree and a mechanical engineering degree should cost the same, but they do. One will have more trouble paying back their loans than the other. If people keep taking out loans and the government subsidizes it, cost will continue to go up. Now, at some schools, you do pay an “athletic fee” which does go to support sports, but it is typically at schools that can’t support themselves sports wise without it. Georgia state, Savannah state and others get the majority of their athletic support from student fees, which I would agree is dumb. Pay $600 dollars so we can have sports teams no one really comes to see anyway. I would agree with you there. However, that has nothing with a football player on UGA or Bama getting NIL money.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Ha! Edumacation there!

I was in no way insinuating that we believe the school pays for NIL. Rather, I was simply speaking hypothetically and fun forum talk. But, as it relates to the degrees and who gets or does what, skin it how one chooses, these state institutions are charging way too much for a degree. An example would be the same degree 30 years ago and it’s increase in cost today, has not reflected the same increase in compensation for the degree holder.
It depends on the degree. Some are worth it some are not. The problem is you can get a loan for both, and supply and demand drives price. There is no way an art history degree and a mechanical engineering degree should cost the same, but they do. One will have more trouble paying back their loans than the other. If people keep taking out loans and the government subsidizes it, cost will continue to go up. Now, at some schools, you do pay an “athletic fee” which does go to support sports, but it is typically at schools that can’t support themselves sports wise without it. Georgia state, Savannah state and others get the majority of their athletic support from student fees, which I would agree is dumb. Pay $600 dollars so we can have sports teams no one really comes to see anyway. I would agree with you there. However, that has nothing with a football player on UGA or Bama getting NIL money.

I’d say your both off roading as the thread is about Stetsons future.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Herbstreit doesn't think so and he hated to admit the Dawgs were that good and we had to put up with him all year.

westcobbdog

Stet might make it at the next level simply because he carries a large chip on his shoulder, real or imagined it doesn’t matter. He needs that and uses that to drive him.

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
Herbstreit doesn't think so and he hated to admit the Dawgs were that good and we had to put up with him all year.

Herby is nothing more than an OSU homer. He got his heart broke by UGA when he played and then Boom laid the smack on him prior to this game when he commented that when they played Herbie, they knew they were gonna win when Herbie tried to start passing. :rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Herby is nothing more than an OSU homer. He got his heart broke by UGA when he played and then Boom laid the smack on him prior to this game when he commented that when they played Herbie, they knew they were gonna win when Herbie tried to start passing. :rofl:

Yep. He's hated UGA ever since. :bounce:

TinKnocker

Lord yall will cry about anything. Dude was part of B2B natties after a 40+ year drought and you're crying he was on his phone during the parade? :rofl:

But but but, we are the fans! Without us there is no sport! Um, are you not a fan of winning? The players are there to entertain you on the field. They did that quite effectively. So no, they don't OWE you anything else.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The media loved the Dawgs this year.

The media love to build us up so when we lose they can tear us down and say we were overrated. The funny part is it's them doing the overrating. This time around though we went B2B. They have to tip their hats but boy do they hate doing it and that's the best part. :bounce:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The media love to build us up so when we lose they can tear us down and say we were overrated. The funny part is it's them doing the overrating. This time around though we went B2B. They have to tip their hats but boy do they hate doing it and that's the best part. :bounce:
One of the most impressive things about Kirby is he’s able to make all these five star guys that are kicking everybody’s butts believe that people don’t respect them and dont believe in them.

DAWG1419

One of the most impressive things about Kirby is he’s able to make all these five star guys that are kicking everybody’s butts believe that people don’t respect them and dont believe in them.
Well tennacee was ranked higher till them Dawgs whipped em. Then corso picked tcu :rofl: to beat them same Dawgs so yea they were disrespected and responded accordingly

Doboy Dawg

And with that, I think your Bennett obligations should be done. Beck is your guy now.
Nope, i will follow Stetson Bennett whatever career path he chooses, wether in the NFL or not. I’ll still keep up if he decides to go into law like some of his family.

Once a DGD always a DGD, especially a walk on who happened to win back to back National Championships and go undefeated his last year.

James12

Nope, i will follow Stetson Bennett whatever career path he chooses, wether in the NFL or not. I’ll still keep up if he decides to go into law like some of his family.

Once a DGD always a DGD, especially a walk on who happened to win back to back National Championships and go undefeated his last year.

Gooooooo Dogs