what's the fine for the ??

DCOMP54

HAVE THEY SET THE FINE FOR THE DRIVERS DOING THE FINGER WAVE (SINGLE DIGIT) TO OTHER DRIVERS??? MOSTLY ONLY THE CAMERAS CAN SEE THOSE UNLESS THE SPEED IS DOWN!
SO HAND SIGNALS ARE OUT NOW ?
:cool:

DCOMP54

#1,,,,,,,

I THOUGHT SO TOO! BUT WHAT'S NEXT IN THE POLITICAL ARENA FOR NASCAR??????? LIKE I SAID , MIC's IN THE GARAGE TO TRACK THE MECHANICS??
:banginghe

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
Just how p/c will they get ??

OK they nailed junior for the "S" word on NBC , what if it had been on speedweek , or ESPN , would the fine be the same ?? Now no finger waving either !! Have any of you ever attended a Nascar race ?? have you listened to the drivers via the headsets ?? How many kids are wearing these at races , I've personally heard some of the most foul language ever over these headsets , Is that next ??

Skipper

Banned
Of course I know that the airwaves are public property and anyone can build a reciever to pick up the signal. That said, I think Nascar created the race communication problem. They chose to "Sell" the rights to it so you can now hear it over the internet, on satellite radio and tv, and yes, they sell radios so you can take them to the track and listen. What did they think you were going to hear over them? What if you put a microphone in the facemask on offensive linemen in the NFL then broadcast the signal? What would you expect to hear?

I don't like the fact that every other person in this county has a police scanner and everything that gets said in emergency situations makes it to everyother families living room but that's the way it is. This weekend, when they found the lost old man, the dispatch called for the coroner to come to the scene. At the time, I was standing near the man's sons and of course it went out over the radio I had clipped to my belt. They heard it and assumed the worst. Fortunately that wasn't the case at all for their dad, but it illustrates you have to be careful when having conversations over public airwaves and for Nascar to broadcast those conversations might be a tad on the irresponsible side.

Skipper

Perry Hayes

dbone said:
OK they nailed junior for the "S" word on NBC , what if it had been on speedweek , or ESPN , would the fine be the same ?? Now no finger waving either !! Have any of you ever attended a Nascar race ?? have you listened to the drivers via the headsets ?? How many kids are wearing these at races , I've personally heard some of the most foul language ever over these headsets , Is that next ??
dbone,
Speedweek is a taped show and so is ESPN Nextel Cup News. So anything you might see there is in the past. I don't think they would show something that has been pre-edited. As far as the head sets, You choose who's converasations you would like to hear during an event and it is not a Public broadcast, You have to set your headset to that teams frequency channel.

sr.corndog

what fine?

You can thank the FCC and Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction? Give me a break! Can't use the s--- word on national tv. I think that his responce toward the Nextel cup was what offended the big dogs! Go to the nascar web site and read all of the skinny! Cable or dish doesn't fall under the FCC airwaves because ESPN and Speedweek are pay per view!
You better watch out for Jimmy Johnson he will be the nextel cup winner! :flag:

gtaff

Banned
You better watch out for Jimmy Johnson he will be the nextel cup winner!
That is because JR Cusses :whip:
If you watch any tv now a days you can hear the S Bomb or worse!! I have even heard GD on the tube and I am not talking about the movie channels. If you watch FX and the Shield you can hear about anything you want. I agree and disagree with the docking of points. NACAR Penilized two other drivers earlier so they had to take JR's points. But I do not think any of the 3 should have lost poiiints. That is not a driving offence it happened off track. Just levy a stiff fine.

H

HT2

NASCAR = POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It used to be.........

NASCAR = SPORT...........

Not anymore.....

:confused: :( :confused: :( :confused: :(