what's up w/hunter certification???

hunterdaddy

still am having trouble finding out if i'm gonna be required to take this and if so where????? no problem doing it just need to know how???

H

HT2

Hunter D.........

Why don't you "PM" JOHN BOWERS here on the forum........

He's a wildlife biologist for the DNR here in Georgia and I'm sure he could help you out....... :)

BTW........

His screen name is J Bowers on here I believe.......

If you were born after Jan 1, 1961n you are required to have the hunter certificate. LOg onto georgiawildlife.com and check your local county to see when the next class is given. Shoot me a PM if I can help any further

Slug-Gunner

Florida or Georgia????

hunterdaddy said:
still am having trouble finding out if i'm gonna be required to take this and if so where????? no problem doing it just need to know how???

From Page 6 of Georgia 2005-2006 Hunting Seasons and Regulations:

Residents and non-residents born after Jan. 1, 1961 must successfully complete a hunter education course prior to purchasing a season hunting license. However a hunter education course is not required to purchase a one (1) day or three (3) day Hunting License. Hunter education courses certified or mandated by any state wildlife agency or Canadian province are accepted. Hunter education is not required to hunt on one's own land or land of a parent or guardian. Contact your local DNR Law Enforcement Office or 770/784-3068 for course information or register at www.gohuntgeorgia.com .

Since your from Florida, it would be easier just to attend a course in your local area under Florida Fish & Wildlife Agency requirements. The hunter education certificate from Florida will be honored in Georgia. Many states out west require hunter education certification, regardless of age, if you ever planned on going on a booked hunt out there.

:huh: :flag: :flag: :D :flag: :flag: :huh: