What's your biggest hog to date?

Handgunner

I've always wanted a the biggest blackest, longest tuskedest, stinkinest boar I could get... Something about big game I like. I look at wild hogs as the "cape buffalo" of the states.

As for weight, size, and cutters, what's your biggest? And better yet, post a picture of two if you can.

H

HT2

Delton.....

I've only killed a couple at our place.....

The biggest of the two was only @ 150 lbs. and it was a Sow.......

But, there has been a couple down at our place that were in excess of 350 lbs. though......

Luckily we've started to see the hogs taper off.....

But, them were two big 'ol piggies......

Sorry.....No pictures..... :eek:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
300 lbs, beaver dam wilkinson co track before it sold.

Attachments

• bd Boar.jpg
    bd Boar.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 485

Handgunner

Thanks Tim!

Phil, that's what I'm talkin' about! Nice tusks on that hog!

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Here's one I got with my .44 Mag Ruger Redhawk. I killed a couple of 250+ sows on our farm four years ago. The other picture is one some fellas caught on our farm a few years back. The last picture is from three or four years back. Got him on the trail cam!

19.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

Handgunner

Some Big Pigs, leadoff!

Any idea what the last two weighed???

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I was out of town the weekend they caught the big one, so I didn't get to experience him firsthand! My dad took part in the whole thing (just the sitting around and watching part, not the chasing and catching part!) and told me it was huge and would easily tip the scales at 500. I wish I still had the picture of my uncle, my dad, and some other fellow standing behind the hog. Three big men and that hog made them look small!

I don't have a clue what the one in the trail cam picture would weigh. 250-350 range? He is still out there somewhere! :eek: Along with this one:

17.jpg

Handgunner

Another HAWG! I have a .44mag with one like that's name all over it! :shoot:

Come opening morning of gun season, I hope to take my first deer with it! ::;

Attachments

• s&wclassic.jpg
    s&wclassic.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 480

hawg dawg

We Hunt Old Beaverdam Its Unreal My Friend Is The Care Taker Over The Whole Seven Thousand Acres We Hunt With Dogs Off Of Four Wheelers We Have Taken Several Nice Boars

7 Mag

I've attached a picture of my best boar to date. I shot him two years ago in South Carolina. He weighted 242 pounds. I shot a sow that was right at 300 pounds on our club in Screven County.

Attachments

• AWO Boar 15Aug02.jpg
    AWO Boar 15Aug02.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 356

Mac

Ossabaw pig a couple years ago

He only weighted about 140 lbs, but was very old and skinny. He had a couple of tags in his ears and the Dnr people stated they quit doing that 7 or 8 years ago. He was estimated at being about 12 years old.

I jumped him out of some palmetos and shot him running though the brush.
Best shot of my hunting career. He was the last of 5 I took on that Feb hunt.

Attachments

• p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Handgunner

LThomas,

That's what I've heard... The smaller ones, around 100lbs +/- is the best for eating. The biggers ones, from what I hear are tough, musky smelling/tasting, harder to mess with etc....

Unless someone was just wanting one for the wall, the smaller ones should be the ones they're after.

Jayrod

What is your biggest hog to date?

Well, what a strange question to ask on a hunting web site. I guess It was that brown eyed girl in college...she was pushing bout 160...but was only about 4'11". And I really wouldn't say I was dating her...we just went out a couple o' times. ::huh:

Can we just talk about huntin' stuff :flag:

Jayrod

Timberman

008262.jpg

No picture of my biggest, but here's some nice meat hogs. :)

For me, 250 or so I'd guess.

Handgunner

Timberman,

I'd say so! What caliber gun is that? .22mag?

leadoff

GONetwork Member
Jayrod said:
Well, what a strange question to ask on a hunting web site. I guess It was that brown eyed girl in college...she was pushing bout 160...but was only about 4'11". And I really wouldn't say I was dating her...we just went out a couple o' times. ::huh:

:bounce:

You ain't right!

freak.gif